VP-Legal Entity Standard Reporting
LESR (legal entity standard reporting) team is responsible for the legal and regulatory reporting including notes and disclosures of Credit Suisse and the associated controls around the data referenced in this process.
The department is responsible for the control, preparation and on the financial results of US GAAP reporting as well as preparations of Local GAAP/ IFRS financial documents. The VP role in this team will be involved in the following:
- Executing the business as usual (BAU) control and financial accounting processes for Derivatives, Repo SLB, Loans, Borrowings, Securities, Investments and other products.
- The preparation of the US GAAP, IFRS financial documents and liaison with auditors within deadlines.
- Working with various departments (Consolidation, Compensation & Benefits, Tax, APAG etc.) to support the various teams/functions.
- Work with team and support to achieve the desired results.
- Responding to ad hoc queries from various departments, for example, Group, Tax, Consolidation, Legal, Internal and External auditors
- Working on Accounting systems and support area and ensuring maintenance of CoA and the FX leveling system.
- Handling the deliverables of the teams and review of various deliverables and reporting.
- Maintaining adequate SOX & non-SOX controls to ensure completeness, accuracy & validity of the disclosures
- Maintaining records in accordance to IFRS, US GAAP requirements.
- Executing month-end processes and procedures, including, data analysis, integrity checks and financial summaries.
- Aligning with various disclosure requirements and variance commentaries.
- Establish and work on reconciliations.
- Ensuring that there are no unexplained / unidentified inter-company breaks.
- liaising with various FA&O departments, tax department and external and internal auditors
- Driving and support improvements/ efficiencies in the team.
- Ensuring all the knowledge documents is updated and there are proper back-ups (cross training) for the critical tasks.
- You have relevant university degree i.e accounting or finance related.
- You are Qualified Chartered Accountant
- You have IFRS Diploma, CPA
- You have 10+ years' experience in a Financial Accounting or similar role.
- Experience in preparation of financial documents
- You have work experience in a professional accounting firm (Big 4) or finance industry (other similar banks or IBs or companies listed on NASDAQ requiring USGAAP/IFRS reporting)
- You are proficient in Excel
- You have deep conceptual accounting skills
- You have strong communication skills
- You have good presentation/documentation skills
- You have the ability to work well under-pressure
- You are flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- You are detail oriented approach to work dedications
- You are able to think logically and independently to solve problems
- You have deep knowledge of USGAAP/ IFRS accounting standards
- You have accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with people from other departments in the organisation
- Ability to learn quickly about international banking products, processes and business
- Dream to increase and broaden skills base.
- You are a strong team-player
- Dream to work in a dynamic international finance environment