Depositary Client Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 19
Depositary Client Manager
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19014160
The Depositary Client Manager role is based within the Global Depositary and Fiduciary Service business line in Citi's Markets and Securities Services Division.
The Depositary Client Manager in Citi Depositary Services Ireland Designated Activity Company ("CDSIDAC") acts as principal client contact in the delivery of an excellent Depositary and depositary service to customers on a day-to-day basis.
The Depositary Client Manager is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the business strategy to grow market share in both the UCITS and AIFMD space.
Responsible for the financial success of the product through delivering differentiating capabilities, implementing product initiatives, managing risk and supporting the Client Sales Management organisation in the acquisition of new business (through completion of RFP/RFI) and the growth of existing business. Ensure all deals are priced in line with agreed margin and track revenues on an ongoing basis. Reporting of business results to seniors
The Depositary Client Manager is responsible for the life-cycle of depositary clients, including on boarding and subsequent servicing of clients, ensuring timely and accurate set-up of new funds and delivery of a broad range of services in respect of investment monitoring, NAV Review, daily banking and asset register maintenance.
The successful individual will be a senior member of the team and should possess strong funds, custody, regulatory and client experience as well as having a proven ability to work on one's own initiative and work to tight timelines.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Depositary Services is a key component of Citi's Markets and Securities Services business. We rank among the world's largest providers of mutual fund services, providing innovative solutions to clients across multiple jurisdictions. We take an active role in developing, implementing and continuously training associates on best-practice policies and procedures
• Coordinate the new business process for assigned clients, reviewing fund documentation and engaging with legal on review of contracts and regulatory and board confirms. Take responsibility for the timely and accurate set-up of new funds from an investment monitoring, NAV review standpoint, daily banking and asset register perspective.
• Review and reporting of automated/manual investment breaches, price errors, trading errors, transfer agency errors. Completion of cash flow monitoring, asset register and asset title verification checks. Tracking all issues on relevant logs and communication of issues to clients. Completion of periodic client/board reporting and representation of Depositary at due diligence visits and board meetings.
• Completion of on-site inspections to fund administrators, transfer agents, global custodians (both Citi and third party) and alternative investment/UCITS fund managers. Proactively enhance procedures and resolve any outstanding customer issues for client/fund segment
• Maintain regulatory knowledge, keeping abreast of all update to UCITS/AIFMD regulations affecting funds. Engaging Fiduciary Technical and provision of product support to existing/prospective clients
• Participation with other Depositary jurisdictions on projects associated with regulatory change (UCITS V, UCITS VI, Investor Money Regulations) and process enhancement and standardization, as well as oversight of outsourced activities.
• Initiate and/or contribute to the development of new controls, systems and value-adding solutions in order to satisfy changing regulatory and customer requirements, including BISO, COB, GRC, Records Management and/or similar control functions
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with existing regulations and formulating strategies and managing the implementation of processes/enhancements to ensure compliances with new regulatory and legislative changes.
• Pricing new business and working with sales team on RFP/RFI. Maintenance of Depositary PandL, tracking all revenues
This broad role will provide the prospective candidate with an excellent opportunity to work at the heart of one of the most significant and fastest growing businesses within Investor Services. It provides an opportunity to develop fiduciary oversight exposure to all aspects of funds from an investment manager, fund administrator, transfer agent, middle office and global custodian perspective. In addition, the role provides wide exposure to many areas within Citi including Funds Product/Operations, Legal, Compliance, Sales, Coverage and Financial Control. The role offers an opportunity to enhance regulatory knowledge of the Funds in Europe.
Extensiveyears' experience in the Irish funds preferably in Depositary, Fund Accounting, Audit, Compliance, Regulatory, Risk, Control function
Good technical knowledge of complex financial derivatives instruments and interest and understanding of European fund regulations
Knowledge of UCITS and AIFMD, including investment restrictions would be an advantage
Experience reviewing fund documentation
Experience managing multiple client relationships, attending board meetings and due diligence visits to and from clients
Experience working on implementation/application of regulatory change to workflows, processes andsystems
Experience working with Depositary, custody, fund accounting, reconciliation systems
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and excellent organisation skills are absolutely essential.
Self-starting, idea generating, able to show initiative and manage deliverables from start to finish.
Strong achievement orientation and seeks to continually exceed set objectives or standards of performance
Displays confidence in dealing with customers and colleagues on regulatory/technical matters and puts forward opinions clearly and unambiguously.
Teamwork, innovation/creativity, adaptability and flexibility, positive approach to new ideas and concepts
Analytical skills and the ability to 'think outside the box' are critical.
Strong knowledge of all MSOffice Suite of applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint,)
Ability to develop and implement new MS Excel tools (including VBA and SQL) would be highly desirable
• Bachelor's degree required
• Postgraduate diploma/masters
Career focus, dedication, motivation, personal effectiveness and commercial awareness,
Decision making, good judgement, influencing and persuasiveness, integrity, trustworthy and ethics
Analytical, technical, IT, numeracy and intellectual ability to understand derivatives within the context of regulations
Good technical skills and experience
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer