Senior .NET Application Engineer
The Senior .Net developer will be joining a team who develop cutting-edge bespoke software and unparalleled quantitative trading techniques. Paddy Power Betfair is able to offer its B2C and B2B customers an unequalled breadth of pricing, product and risk management systems 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Sports Trading Platform domain is responsible for building and running high volume and low latency distributed systems that power both in-house and B2B customer sports betting products throughout the globe. We thrive on complex engineering challenges where every second counts. We passionately believe in agile methodologies and Dev-ops centric teams, where the team plans, builds, tests, releases and operates their own applications, sometimes releasing new features multiple times per day. We understand that building the "right thing" is as important as building the "thing right". As such, we employ automation where possible and leverage best practices such as acceptance test driven development and the philosophy of Continuous Delivery.
- Design and develop trading applications in C#
- Write economical, scalable, and high-performance code using best industry standards
- Be flexible to changing requirements and priorities, while managing own task list and time
- Work with Quants to leverage sports models into revenue-generating trading applications
- Work with Business Analysts and Traders to define scope, features and estimates for new projects
- Analyse and gather business requirements and architect appropriate solutions
- Participate in daily stand-ups, and lead them on occasion
- Attend retrospectives that continually improve our software processes
- Research and learn cutting edge development practices and technology that improve our processes over time
- Plan and make technological decisions that mitigate operational risk in the medium to long term
- Mentor junior team members
- Be a team player - take ownership of code and responsibility for the team's reputation
- Troubleshoot and debug real-time development issues
- Support and modernize existing trading application
- Commercial programming experience using Microsoft .NET technologies. Preferably C#. Candidates with similar Java experience wishing to expand their skill sets will also be considered
- Deep understanding of OOP
- Exposure to Test Driven Development methodologies (e.g. BDD, ATDD)
- Experience of working with and contributing to CI/CD platforms
- Multithreaded experience
- Practical experience in MS SQL Server and Entity Framework or similar ORM
- Experience of .NET 4.0/4.5, WPF, WCF
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET MVC
- Good knowledge of WebApi services, with experience in creating self-hosted services e.g. using OWIN
- Commercial experience developing scalable and performance-critical software through parallel computing and fine tuning.
- Experience in developing distributed systems and of messaging brokers/streaming platforms, e.g. RabbitMQ/Kafka
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Bachelors/Masters degree in technology or related discipline
- Public Cloud, e.g. AWS
- .NET Core
- Understanding of network topology, load-balancers
- Commercial knowledge of producing HPC solutions a bonus
- Experience of C and C++ a bonus
- Knowledge of gambling and an interest in sport advantageous
- Mentoring and teaching skills
Here's what our MD of Technology, Grieg McEwan had to say about us!
I imagine there's a perception that a PPB employee is typically male, a sports fan, loves to have a bet - but that is quite far from the truth. The ideal candidate is smart and inquisitive, someone who embraces working in a fast-paced ever-changing environment. We're a very large company, we're in the FTSE100, we operate at scale, but working here is often like being at a start up - fast-paced,
with plenty of innovation and opportunities for people to excel. That means we can offer high-end rewards, but also have tailored benefits
What do you get as an employee @ Paddy Power Betfair? Have a look below!
- Full personal medical insurance with Irish Life
- Pension of 5%
- Uncapped holiday allowance (Unlimited holidays)*
- 3 month sabbaticals
- Minimum 12 months service
- Flex working environment #FlexAppeal
- Soft benefits (tax saver schemes, bike to work scheme, subsidized canteen& barista and ministry of fun social club)
- Life assurance of 4x base salary-Long term sick cover-Income protection scheme
- Company share scheme#Felxappeal @ PPB
What do we mean by #FlexAppeal?
We all play many different roles in our lives, whether it's as a carer, training for a big sporting event, or going back to school to learn something new. Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day, sowouldn't it be great if you could tweak your hours? That's exactly why we've launched our new flexible working options.We make sure everyone at PPB knows about the flexible working opportunities available and feels confident to ask for them. So whether you've just returned from maternity leave or are studying for your masters, we'll help you find out how to make it work for you. Your Way.
Uncapped annual leave @ PPB
It's exactly what it says on the tin! Work hard, Play hard. At Paddy Power Betfair, we recognise that employees work hard to get the results we drive for, and with that comes the need to unwind and recharge, in order to promote positive health and wellbeing. With the introduction of uncapped holiday allowance, we want to move away from traditional restrictions on leave and ensure work is working for both of us. Performance is what matters, not the hours that are worked, and we trust our employees to ensure that they balance work and life and the business priorities.