Senior Technical Engineer – GI Change and Release Management
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Mphasis Pte Ltd
- 21 Feb 19
GI Change and Release Management, part of the GI DevOps and Delivery Quality team, is embarking upon a transformational journey, led from our Dublin office, in support of AIG’s IT Transformation Program.
We are seeking a candidate with extensive level of IT experience (7-15 years) that can easily transition into the EMEA CM Senior Technical Engineer role to participate in the transformation of the EMEA CM (Europe, Middle East & Africa Change Management) team. The candidate will be expected to contribute to the CM team and its transformation journey by automating its services, scaling the scope of supported applications to ultimately include the entire EMEA portfolio and at the same time supporting existing AIG projects and programs as well as the day to day business as usual activities. The candidate should have a variety of experience, with a significant concentration in change, environment and configuration management. Experience with PMLC and SDLC processes is required. Agile methodology and / or DevOps experience required. An understanding of IT Security Vulnerabilities, Software Solution Architecture as well as Production Support requirements is a plus.
Skills / knowledge required:
- Third Level Education
- English fluency essential, with strong documentation skills
- Well organised with strong analytic and decision making skills
- Excellent communicator with a positive attitude towards change
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver in the context of a diverse team, preferably in a multi-location or on-shore / off-shore model
- Experience leading / contributing to successful transformational initiatives is a plus
- Insurance or financial services background desirable but not essential
- Experience in the support of production systems and new system deployments
- Excellent Knowledge of SDLC, version/source control and change management, gained while working in a SCM, development or infrastructure role in a Client-Server/Web Environment.
- Experience working with Agile and DevOps teams and understanding of Agile and DevOps practices, tools, solutions and implementations is a requirement.
- Broad experience across LAN Administration, RDBMS, Configuration Management and Development preferred
- Demonstrated experience of the following:
OS: Windows. Solaris. AIX. Linux.
DELIVERY: Citrix (XenApp\XenDesktop), App-V
- DEVELOPMENT: VB (5, 6 or Script), SQL, DOS Scripting, PowerShell
- PRODUCTIVITY: MS Office, MS Project
- PROCESS: Knowledge of SDLC, Version Control, Change Management, Incident Management and associated systems. ITIL Preferred.
- AUDIT: Maintaining and evidencing SDLC controls for Sarbanes Oxley and Internal Audit
- OTHER: Automation, Java Application Servers, Directory Services
Roles and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the EMEA CM team and its transformational journey by successfully automating existing services, adding new services as required and scaling support to additional applications in the EMEA region.
- Partner with project and delivery teams and other stakeholders across the portfolio to enable successful delivery of existing services.
- Successfully deliver in the installation, configuration and management of controlled environments
- Assist other teams with installation and configuration of uncontrolled environments
- Successfully transition releases and deployments through controlled environments, to specification, in a controlled and timely manner.
- Represent the CM team in supporting other team’s in incident/problem management
- Ensure that new and existing systems are compliant with AIG Policies, Standards and Procedures.
- Evaluation and implementation of new technologies for use in delivering services
- Implementation, maintenance and evidence of controls for Internal and Sarbanes Oxley Audits
- Develop and provide monthly metrics on quantity and quality of each of the services provided as needed.
About the company
Mphasis (BSE: 526299; NSE: MPHASIS) applies next-generation technology to help enterprises transform businesses globally. We are an expert, customer-centric technology partner, and our unique Mphasis Front2Back™ Transformation approach places our clients’ customers at the heart of our business. We use the exponential power of cloud and cognitive to provide hyper-personalized (C=X2C² ™=1) digital experiences to our clients and their end customers. Our Service Transformation approach helps ‘shrink the core’ through the application of digital technologies across legacy environments within an enterprise, enabling businesses to stay ahead in a changing world. Visit our website to know more: http://www.mphasis.com/