Systems Analyst, Onboarding Team - SaaS Operations (Charles River); AVP
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Systems Analyst, Onboarding Team - SaaS Operations (Charles River); AVPCharles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking and pension markets. Charles River were acquired by State Street in October 2018.
Background: A client facing, business and technical role responsible for all aspects of managing and upgrading production Charles River systems for multiple clients as part of the Charles River Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings which includes Application management for hosted and non-hosted clients.
Responsibilities: This role involves working closely with multiple clients, providing expert level remote management, administration and support for Clients including;
- Ensuring efficiency, availability and configuration of the Charles River SaaS platform by providing solutions based on sound technical knowledge and expertise.
- Build tools to start, stop, configure and monitor Charles River engines/processes to integrate them with standard monitoring/deployment tools.
- Adopt, customise and implement industry standard, best practice DevOps policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain automated scripts that will build, configure, deploy and test applications deployed to different environments and maintain, support and enhance Charles River continuous integration environment.
- Interact with L1/L2 Infrastructure Ops team for client onboarding activity.
- Work hands-on with the system, installing and configuring as well as testing to ensure it meets the client's technical and business requirements.
- Support and interact with clients to setup onboarding and prepare client's production environment. Triage and analyse technical issues including those related to performance and connectivity.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
- Work with CRD colleagues to smoothly transition new clients to production operation.
- Break down moderately complex processes in to simple and reliable components.
- Periodic out of hours and weekend support.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Proven relevant experience in a similar role, preferably in Financial services.
- Experience in managing , supporting and installing mission critical production software applications in a SaaS environment essential.
- Experience in DevOps or related technologies.
- Basic understanding of web technologies and ability to write REST API in python or similar.
- Experience or familiarity with servers and networks preferred.
- Experience in MS SQL Server or Oracle; configuration, operations and basic administration functions.
- Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service cloud providers such as AWS, Axure and Oracle Cloud is advantageous.
- Experience with automation using any scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Unix Shell, Powershell etc.
- Experience with automation using any scripting and tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, RunDeck is desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills, technical troubleshooting skills and communication skills.
- University degree in a technical or analytical discipline eg Maths, Computer Science, Engineering or Statistics.