Consultant – Cash/FX
CONSULTANT - TREASURY/FX:
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world's leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services offers world-class, scalable technology and dedicated expertise to serve hedge funds and large institutional investors with complex portfolios and product types. The business provides comprehensive middle office and administration services, including trade processing, asset servicing, valuation and profit and loss reporting, cash and collateral management, reconciliations, accounting and NAV calculations and investor servicing and reporting. ABOUT THE ROLE:
The job involves working for a Global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. The position requires good experience and background in operations with a preference for foreign exchange markets and cash functions.
The successful candidate is a proven leader and who takes ownership of responsibilities and achieving objectives. Team focus and the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment is essential.
This person is proactive in resolving conflict and demonstrates exemplary follow-through. He/she adds value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks/projects with minimal supervision while paying special attention to detail. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator and works well with others. RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the daily processing of cash flow requests by clients. This includes: Ensuring proper AML (anti money laundering) checks have been performed on the instruction, executing payments per established controls and with authorized instruction from clients, confirming payment settlements and details, and posting all cash related transactions made on behalf of clients.
• Work with clients to resolve cash breaks and issues related to payments.
• Manage the daily processing and settlement of FX transactions (spot, forwards, options) for clients.
• Oversee the FX Exposure offering and provide support to clients.
• Communicate trade discrepancies to internal partners and assist in resolving mismatches between the client and its counterparties.
• Assist in the development of a scalable, controlled and transparent cash processing work flow for all Cash & FX activity.
• Effectively communicate with IT to test and implement development and enhancements of our Cash & FX offering.
• Coordinate connectivity with client's banks, custodians and prime brokers through SWIFT.
• Administer the implementation process for new clients
• Escalate issues and signoff on daily process requirements.
• Work on building out procedures and ensure good understanding across the team on each client's specific needs
• Work with the Implementation Project Manager to ensure smooth on boarding of new clients.
• Build and maintain internal and external relationships
• Assist clients both internally and externally with any FX and Cash queries SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
ABOUT NORTHERN TRUST:
- Proven work experience, preferably in Operations. Experience in funds is preferable but not necessary
• Experience in project management and client interaction. Experience working in a treasury function a plus.
• Proven team player, taking ownership for own role while contributing to wider team efforts
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Microsoft Excel experience an advantage
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures, familiar with financial markets and instruments
• Client service experience
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines in a demanding and fast growing department
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. WORKING WITH US:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.