Manager, Financial Control
- Location: Limerick, Munster, Ireland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Manager, Financial Control
About The Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager within the Limerick Financial Control team which is responsible for completing financial control processes, report production, timely issue resolution and providing ad-hoc support as required to the EMEA regional finance teams. The team are responsible for the production of monthly management accounts, completing the month end close process and the statutory financial statements preparation for a number of EMEA legal entities.
The successful candidate will work with a variety of operations and other Finance teams to understand the business and ensure that the books and records accurately reflect the business undertaken, with adherence requirements to accounting policy and local GAAP for the relevant legal entities.
Why chose this role?:
This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to join a fast paced team and develop their experience and knowledge within a growing company.
The successful candidate will work closely with other Partners and collaborate with many teams and departments within Northern Trust.
The Manager will play a significant part in leading change management initiatives, the development of existing accounting processes and the implementation of process improvements to deliver high quality shared services to stakeholders
- Team leader responsible for a small team of finance professionals.
- Responsible for daily accounting, administration and oversight to support the financial accounts production process for a number of legal entities.
- Complete the production of the monthly management accounts for a number of legal entities.
- Manage the preparation of reconciliations and ensure all documentation and accounting is completed in line with corporate requirements and policies.
- Produce month end analytics and trend data to assist with the review and validation of financial results.
- Completion of annual statutory financial statements for a number of legal entities, provide inputs and information to the audit process and work with the External Auditors to complete the audit process.
- Responsible for a number of financial processes and accounting operations for the EMEA region.
- Lead change management and work with the EMEA Financial Control team in Limerick to implement standardised process improvements identified in day to day activities.
- Respond to and resolve queries on a timely basis from the Business and Finance colleagues as they arise.
- Work closely with Finance teams in other locations.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Qualified accountant (preferable ACA / ACCA) with a number of years post qualified experience in a multi-currency financial services environment.
- Experienced background in a corporate financial control environment is an advantage
- Change management and process improvement experience is desirable
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders across multiple locations.
- Experience of US GAAP or IFRS would be an advantage.
- Advanced level of IT skills notably MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Ability to work as part of a team in the region and as part of the broader EMEA Finance team.
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve.
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads.
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets