* Conduct pre-screening/screening of projects to identify basic eligibility for carbon certification, potential methodology, estimated ER production, and estimated working capacity required for development;
* Work with and manage field partners through the carbon project cycle from design stage to issuance of carbon credits including designing baseline and monitoring surveys, developing project design documents, monitoring reports, conducting validation and verification field visits, etc.
* Participate in the preparation of monitoring and reporting activities for external and internal purposes;
* Support the team with technical information and requests from carbon buyers / clients in our portfolio;
Skills / Attributes:
* At least 4 years' experience developing and managing carbon projects from pre-screening and feasibility studies to credit issuance (Gold Standard, Verra, CDM, etc).
* Strong technical understanding of clean energy, water, waste management (including plastic waste) technologies, in particular those most relevant in a development context and demonstrating most market potential for scalability.
* Understanding of climate finance mechanisms and knowledge of GHG accounting methodologies is a plus.