Group Operational Risk Framework
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. This position is a high-visibility position with frequent interactions with multiple internal and external stakeholders such as BusinessGenerali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
This position is a high-visibility position with frequent interactions with multiple internal and external stakeholders such as Business Lines, IT, and our Solvency II College of Regulators.
He or she will work closely with:
- other colleagues in the Operational Risk Framework and Business Support in order to ensure consistency between risk evaluation in all countries.
- other colleagues within the Group Operational and IT Risks function, in order to ensure consistency between OpRisk Framework and Modeling,
- with the ERM team, responsible of the overall Group Risk Capital Process, in order to ensure consistency with the overall Risk Framework (e.g. Main Risk Assessment) and timing (e.g. ORSA Report)
- with other Risk management team, in order to ensure consistency with other Risk framework (e.g. cross-correlation)
- with Group Compliance, in order to ensure strong collaboration is achieved in common processes
- with Group Audit, in order to guarantee the proper level of alignment
- with Local Operational Risk, to support them (from methodology point of view) in order to ensure Group Framework is implemented.
Successful candidate is expected to be in charge of support the development and implementation of the Operational Risk Management Framework, collaborating on the formalization and maintenance of the related documentation set.
Main responsibilities will include the following:
- Cooperating in the definition/ fine tuning of Operational Risk Framework (Policy, Guidelines and Procedure)
- Performing/ supporting Local Business Units in Risk Assessment, Scenario Analysis (SA), Loss Data Collection (LDC) with Risk Owners
- Supporting Relation with Regulators, Senior Management on OpRisk management
- Work closely with validation team to provide adequate support when required.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office application tools.
- Ability to identify problems and provide strategic solutions.
- Diligent, detail oriented and able to function under pressure.
- Able to carry out hands-on analytics works to check, benchmark, and enforce discipline.
- Energetic and able to coordinate local teams proactively and effectively.
- Good organizational sense and communicates effectively at all levels of management, and in both verbal and written form.
- Proficient in presentation suites
- Excellent in English
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in Financial Services (Insurance as preference), with at least 5 years of direct experience in advance Operational Risk Framework development.
- Track record in delivering large analytics projects in the context of large insurance groups is required.
- Prior adequate exposure to regulatory Solvency II interactions.
- Already expert in Regulators confrontation.
- Intimate knowledge of risk management processes and concepts and analytics best practices.