Aladdin Business, Client Services, Associate
- Not Specified
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Every day, the Aladdin Client Services (ACS) Team tackles the hardest, most sophisticated problems in FinTech. We utilize our in-depth understanding of Aladdin, our clients’ businesses, and the investment management process to provide world-class customer service to our rapidly-growing, global client base. We all studied different things and bring unique skills and experiences to the table, but we all share a serious passion for solving tough problems and keeping our clients happy.
Our team is known for
Being product experts with a reputation for getting the job done. We…
- Deliver exceptional customer service to users, every time
- Solve difficult problems by providing innovative solutions
- Collaborate with others because we know we can do more together
- Figure out what needs to get done and then do it
- Learn every day, question everything, and embrace change
- Foster a fun, innovative team atmosphere
As an associate you will
Answer questions and help our clients run their businesses on Aladdin: You will take phone calls, emails, and chats from industry practitioners at some of the world’s most respected investment institutions. You will solve problems that matter, making direct and measurable difference to our clients. In the process, you will build technical, industry, and relationship skills. Have a good understanding of Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives and Alternatives products and how they are modeled and traded in Aladdin. Use technology to solve problems: Use technical skills (like SQL, UNIX, Python and Perl) to ensure the accuracy of large analytical data sets, automate processes with scripts and macros and efficiently query information from a vast database.
Educate users, leverage service insights, and relay user experience feedback to improve the customer experience and our product: We believe that the best customer service is proactive, not reactive. We are students of our own data and engage with our clients to keep problems from arising, rather than dealing only with issues that are brought to our attention.
Work on a global team, with a local presence: Our support model follows the sun –if a market is open somewhere in the world, so are we! You will get to work with teams across the world, while still engaging with a vibrant local team.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions and implement change
- Knowledge of financial products in Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives, and familiarity with Risk analytics such as Durations, Spreads, Beta and VaR would be an advantage
- Must possess fluent verbal and written communication skills both in Japanese and English. Able to develop good working relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in a high-paced environment
- Technical skills (SQL, UNIX, Python and PERL) are preferred but not necessary
- Must be detail orientated, possess initiative and work well under pressure
- Degree in Finance, Engineering or Technology would be preferred
- Given that the nature of this role is Finance and Technology (FinTech) centric, we would like candidates who demonstrate an aptitude for learning these aspects of the job.
- Should have relevant working experience between 3 - 5 years
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.