QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Financial Analyst, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Kuwait//Kuwait City.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Role Summary:
The role is designed to assist the Head of Finance and Country management by analysing the financial standing of the Kuwait business. It will provide input for business recommendations and assessment of business proposals by the Country's business Divisional Heads and departments. The role will be responsible for financial, regulatory and MIS reporting of Kuwait to Head Office and KCB. Role Description:
You will prepare monthly, quarterly, annual MIS and regulatory reports
In addition, you will prepare the monthly consolidation and assist in the budget/ forecast process.
You will prepare annual and quarterly financial statements and disclosures for internal stakeholders such as Finance, Compliance, Risk and Audit, as well as preparing financial information for external stakeholders such as auditors, and regulatory bodies etc.
You will evaluate the profit and cost efficiencies in the Branch/Office and develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial information as needed.
You will assist in managing the banking business from a financial perspective to gauge the quality and performance of the bank's departments.
Develops, maintains and distributes as-hoc reports and financial info as needed
Assist in managing the banking business from a financial perspective to gauge the quality and performance of the bank's departments.
Compiles, analyses, and interprets data as and when requested by the Head of Finance.
Prepares financial reports for forecasting, trend and results analysis. Qualifications:
Bachelors/University graduate in Accounting, Finance or Economics required, preferably with additional accreditations in Finance
Professional qualification such as CPA, ACA, ACCA or MBA etc. is a plus.
Sound experience in reporting, consolidation and financial analysis, typically gained through at least with 4-6 years of relevant experience in the banking industry
Special Required Skills:
- Strong computer skills (preference for Advanced Excel skills and /or EQ3/4 Banking system expertise).
- Sound knowledge of relevant statistics, local relevant regulatory banking regulation and local tax systems.
- Excellent understanding of Risk Management aspects (Liquidity & Interest Rate Risk)
- Ability to manage external auditors and manage relationships with external tax authorities
- Ability to coordinate with several units within the Head Office to resolve various issues.
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Excellent Communication skills, (including report writing) in English and local language as applicable.
- Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and best practices pertaining to financial topics in a Banking environment.
- Familiar with the balanced scorecard approach.
- Knowledge of AML laws and regulations
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV