- Vilnius, Vilniaus, Lithuania
- Permanent, Full time
AVP - Systems Engineering – Infrastructure Services
Location: Vilnius, Vilniaus, LithuaniaThe Role / Responsibilities:
This is a great position in the Workplace Services team requiring a wide array of skills in the end user technology area. We are looking for a seasoned senior Windows and Mac OS systems engineer with primary focus on the desktop engineering space. The candidate will be joining a very dynamic environment where he / she will be expected to take on challenges and comfortably be able to come up with innovative and cutting-edge desktop technology solutions which meet our business needs, are secure, and most importantly, provide the best in-class end user experience. The candidate is expected to be able to independently lead projects from start to end (technology research, tool selection, solution design, solution engineering, implementation and hand-over to operations). Innovation and the eagerness to continuously keep up-to-date with the cutting-edge technologies are some of the key qualities that this candidate must have.
• Delivery of effective Desktop Engineering solutions (HW and Software / SCCM / Automation / GPOs / WSUS / SCUP / MDT / APP-V and physical machine Image Creation) as well as creation of associated design and operating documentation.
• Technical Lead for end user virtualization technologies (AWS Workspaces / Xendesktop / Xenapp / Appsense) engineering / standardization / governance and point of escalation for our operations teams.
• Will lead the design, engineering and implementation of Windows and Mac desktop security hardening at Moody's.
• Automation of many different daily manual tasks via PowerShell or other scripting languages.
• Patch management engineering, standardization and governance.
• Effectively and independently take on and manage tasks / work inside multiple projects simultaneously.
• Work seamlessly with other Moody's IT teams on complex engineering projects
• Lead the triage of complex technical issues related to Infrastructure applications and a multitude of other variables in the mix.
• Perform periodic infrastructure applications assessments and documentation review as part of our application governance.
• Will be the primary SME on selected windows infra apps technologies and tools related to Desktop Engineering and responsible for mentoring other members of the team and do periodic knowledge share session often including our L2 and L3 support teams.
• If required to perform his duties, the candidate is expected to be able to attend meetings in different time zones and with offshore partner resources.
• Business fluent English is required.
• Must be comfortable to collaborate and excel in a true global and multicultural environment.
• Strong understanding and experience on Desktop Engineering technologies (SCCM / OSD / WSUS / JamF / Intune EMS / Autopilot, etc.).
• Senior level expertise on Windows and Mac client OS (Windows 7 / Windows 10 / High Sierra / Mojave).
• Expertise on Active Directory / DNS / PKI / DFS / RDS / IIS / SFTP and senior level expertise on Group Policies related to windows desktop environments are a MUST.
• Expertise with end user virtualization technologies (Xendesktop / XenApp / Appsense / AWS Workspaces / USMT / APP-V / Profile management).
• Senior level expertise on Microsoft Office application configurations, browser configuration and hardening.
• Strong understanding of security concepts (SSL, PKI, IPSec, VPNs, Firewalls, DMZ, Proxy, and cyber-attacks) is required.
• Automation skills are a must, PowerShell, Transact SQL, and Bash are preferred. Other programming languages are a big plus.
• Patch management expertise using any of the standard patch mgmt. Technologies like SCCM / WSUS / JamF is a MUST.
• The ability to be able to document, diagram, and flowchart complex design concepts is a must.
• Expertise with some of the desktop related windows security tools (Avecto / Symantec / CIS Hardening, etc.) is a big plus.
• Basic understanding of network concepts (VLANs / Routing / TCP / IP / Load Balancing / Traffic Analysis, etc.) is required.
• Ability to effectively present information in both technical and non-technical terms.
• Strong communication; verbal, written and collaboration skills.
• Strong understanding and experience on Microsoft Core Infrastructure.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent area of study.
• Industry certifications in relevant area is a plus.
• Substantial experience in IT industry in relevant area.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.