- Vilnius, Vilniaus, Lithuania
- Permanent, Full time
Systems Engineer – Infrastructure as a Service, Network Engineering
Location: Vilnius, Vilniaus, LithuaniaPrimary Responsibilities
• Assist the journey to bring the network infrastructure to software defined networks as well as cloud enabled.
• Capacity planning and upgrades for network circuits and equipment.
• Responsible for network equipment life cycle, version management, patch and vulnerability management.
• Ensure all network Infrastructure is complaint in accordance with Moody's Security Policy.
• Working with the Sr NE, AVP and VP to evaluate new product roadmaps.
• Responsible for creating SOPs and reporting for operations teams and ensure adherence to the same.
• Responsible for the evaluation and recommendation of HW/SW solutions for other IT teams / business groups.
• Provide automation for configuration management and prevent configuration drift across all devices.
• Keeping abreast of new technologies and developments in related area of responsibility
• Recommend adoption of new technologies and work on testing and deployment plans.
• Knowledge of automation techniques and orchestration technologies for network devices (Ansible, Puppet, Cisco Prime).
• Linux/Python/REST API skills are desired.
• Good working knowledge of Software Defined Networks.
• Knowledge of Cisco DNA Center and APIC is desired, but not essential.
• Knowledge of networking in cloud environment (AWS, Azure).
• Experience with development of fault tolerant, redundant, and scalable networking solutions.
• Experience with Ethernet Switching technologies and related IEEE standards (i.e. 802.1d, 802.1q, 802.3ad, 802.1x, 802.11a/b/g/ac, etc).
• Experience with common cabling plant standards and various LAN/WAN interface .
• Experience with IPv4 networking, IPv4 dynamic routing - especially OSPF and BGP.
• Exposure to IPv6.
• Experience with VPN technologies.
• Knowledge of WAN technologies - especially MPLS.
• Experience with traffic prioritization use QOS, COS, DiffServ.
• Understanding of networking fundamentals.
• Understanding of Data Centre technologies
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Good Visio and Excel skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
• Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
• Ability to understand wireshark captures and netflow reporting.
• Cisco routing and switching products (45xx 39xx, 3850, 65xx, Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 2k).
• Experience with Cisco IOS, NXOS, Wireless technologies.
• Riverbed Steelhead or equivalent WAN optimizer product experience is desired.
• Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology.
Required • Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study
• Industry certification in relevant area is a plus
• Substantial experience in IT industry in relevant area
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.