Deputy Head - Corporate Secretarial
- Location: Luxembourg
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Deputy Head - Corporate SecretarialDeputy Head Of Cosec Department
Responsible for managing a group of managers with direct reports. Providers leadership and support to the Head of the Department and manages the entire CoSec function to ensure client needs are met and implements strategic projects to improve efficiency in agreement with the Head. Ensures internal policies and procedures are met and kept current. Conducts performance management, career development needs and establishes performance standards. Makes staffing decisions and ensures resources are available to accomplish performance standards. Makes staffing decisions and decision maker for salary review process.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Manage the team and drive overall performance and productivity
• Identify, manage and implement strategic goals for the department, including global initiatives.
• Deliver results and develop the team
• Manage and mitigate risk, within the day to day as well as ensuring that direct reports do so as well
• Manage quality of the service provided by the department
• Maintain capacity planning in accordance with Company requirements
• Manage the statutory and corporate governance requirements for the Company
• Ensure compliance of the Company with Group Policies and Reporting
• Maintenance of Group corporate database and regular reporting to the Group
• Organise and attend meetings for the Management Company (i.e. Board and Committee meetings)
• Produce minutes, action points and follow up when required for all meetings
• Attend due diligence / client service review meetings and client presentations
• Liaise with internal and external parties as needed (i.e. management, regulators, lawyers) and manage department vendors and cost centres
• Manager overall projects to contribute to various targets and operational models for the department
• Develop and implement strategic decisions for the department
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• University qualification
• Extensive experience in a corporate environment
• Proven management experience
• Fluent in English - French and/or German advantageous
• Advanced level of Microsoft Outlook and Office and confidence with technology
• Knowledge of Diligent Boardbooks or any other board packaging software would be an advantage
• Knowledge of Corporate Database software (Viewpoint) would be beneficial
Knowledge / Experience:
• A thorough knowledge of the Luxembourg fund industry.
• Solid knowledge of the various types of investment vehicles including, but not limited to, SICARs, SCAs, SICAVs, FCPs and Management Companies.
• Knowledge of the Cayman Islands fund industry.
• Experience with client facing roles and dealing with senior management
• Experience attending large board meetings and meeting tight deadlines
• Experience managing an overseas team
• Strong written communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Proven people management skills.
• Interest in developing knowledge and skills.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.