- Permanent, Full time
- Pictet & Cie Luxembourg
- 23 Apr 19
- Full time
Graduate - Financial Controlling & Reporting
You will have the chance to find out more about jobs in finance at a renowned financial establishment. You will work alongside professionals, who will be able to pass on their expertise and skills to you.
Pictet is an investment-led service company, offering wealth management, asset management and related services. We do not engage in investment banking, nor do we extend commercial loans. We are a partnership of seven owner managers and our principles of succession and transmission of ownership have remained unchanged since foundation in 1805. With more than CHF 509 billion in assets under management or custody at 31 December 2017, Pictet is today one of the leading Europe-based independent wealth and asset managers.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and founded there, Pictet today employs more than 4,200 people. It has 27 offices in: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Basel, Brussels, Dubai, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong, Lausanne, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Montreal, Munich, Nassau, Osaka, Paris, Rome, Singapore, Stuttgart, Taipei, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Turin, Verona and Zurich.
Our graduate programmes are intended for young postgraduates with degrees from top universities. The 24-month programmes, which include on- and off-the-job components, place the emphasis on teamwork but also explore each individual's specific skill set, further their development and set specific objectives.
As a participant in our graduate programme, you will develop your business know-how by working alongside accomplished professionals. Your initial training will be complemented with a professional certification relevant to your area of business (CFA, CIIA, etc.). In addition, our programme will enable you to develop the interpersonal and self-leadership skills you will require in your future career. The programme will also be an opportunity to establish an extensive network of peers and experts within Pictet and to meet members of the management.
You will be a key driver of the transformation of the Finance Department and will be involved in the following initiatives:
- Enhancing the Management Information System (MIS) and reporting process, among other things in anticipation of the new regulatory reporting requirements.
- Strengthening the monthly performance analysis (including identification and monitoring of the profitability drivers, implementation of an activity-based costing, etc.) and budget monitoring.
- Improving the financial forecast capabilities and forward-looking analysis (including sensitivity analysis, scenarios, stress tests, etc.), and in particular supporting the regulatory requirements (ICAAP/ILAAP, etc.).
- Strengthening the annual strategic planning and budgeting process with the Group and the different business lines.
- Developing ad-hoc tools (reporting, stress tests…).
- Master's degree in Finance or Economics, or a qualification deemed equivalent.
- A double degree in IT is an asset.
- Work experience (no more than two years) in finance or controlling would be a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of standard IT applications and a skilled user of one or more analytical tools.
- Oral and written fluency in French and English, with excellent writing skills in both languages; a good command of another language would be an asset.
- A definite interest in working in finance, knowledge of accounting / corporate finance and a flair for dealing with statistical data.
- Capable of taking a helicopter view and thinking and working with other functions.
- Keen to travel abroad and visit other Group teams when required (among others in Geneva).
- A team player with keen analytical skills, who is able to cope with stress and has a strong client-focused attitude.
We will not accept any CVs via agencies
You should have a lively personality and be looking to launch your career at a reputable bank. Your dedication and excellent interpersonal skills will allow you to make the most of the learning opportunities and professional experience this programme offers. Apart from being dynamic and flexible, you will be open-minded, attentive and able to listen to and learn from others. You will also have a keen sense of discretion and professional ethics.