Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency (Dealing)
- Location: Luxembourg
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency (Dealing)Transfer Agency, Senior Analyst Dealing
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world's leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
The recent acquisition of UBS Asset Management's fund administration servicing units in Luxembourg and Switzerland and the decision to base the European Bank in Luxembourg demonstrates the company's commitment to the region. It has positioned Northern Trust in Luxembourg as a top 10 asset servicing provider.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team.
We believe our most valuable asset is our engaged, empowered & diverse workforce. As a global institution, Northern Trust is committed to building upon this diverse talent through encouraging innovative thinking and personal courage in an inclusive environment. Northern Trust's commitment to diversity & inclusion is evident in our internal initiatives for which we have won several globally recognised awards.
Reporting to the Team Leader of the TA Dealing Team, the role is Sr Analyst, Transfer Agency.
The objective of the role is the process, supervise and validate transactions received from investors/distribution networks. Ensure that deals settle on time and that the reporting is delivered as per agreed SLAs. Answer both internal and external queries related to dealing or the fund activity.
Assist the team supervisor and team leader on client specific projects and new fund launches or various fund events.
(merger, liquidations, contributions in kind,..etc)
• Accurate process and supervision/validation of investor's dealing instructions, payments and reconciliation
• Accurate process of recurrent events (dividend payments, rebates, roll up's,...etc)
• Production of daily/monthly/ad-hoc reporting to investors, fund managers and clients
• Assist the analysts in handling complex asset manager and investor's queries
• Support the supervisor and team leader in processing fund events, reviewing prospectus changes or new processes
• Participate in UAT testing for new product releases
• Participate on Client specific projects
• Review outgoing emails of analysts
• Ensure the overall client's satisfaction
• Coach and mentor new partner / train analysts on new process
Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge
• Graduate in accounting, economics of finance
• Experience : proven experience in a similar role
• Good knowledge of the investment fund industry and Transfer Agency business & Products
• Knowledge of the Cash Payment processes
• Good IT skills ( Microsoft Office - strong Excel - MFGI knowledge being an advantage)
• Organisational and time management skills
• Planning and organisation skills
• Analytical skills
• Dynamic and flexible
• Motivated and quick learner
• Ability to work on own initiative and Autonomy
• Work under pressure and conflicting priorities
• Ability to take initiatives
• Client oriented
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Fluent in English (written and spoken) / any other language is an advantage ( especially French or German)
• Team player , dynamic and flexible / ability to Multitask and work independently
The Employee Experience - Life at Northern Trust
Joining us, you would benefit from a positive work culture, where we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering access to a broad range of workplace support options including: flexible working; emergency family or child care support; professional mentoring; paid volunteering days etc.
Personal and professional growth - a world of opportunity
To support our Global business strategy, we have a number of Business Resource Councils committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and supporting employees in their personal and professional growth. We provide opportunities for networking, mentoring and personal and career development across demographic and geographic groups. In 2014, these groups were responsible for a broad range of personal and professional activities including, guest speaker thought leadership, elder care, nutrition for children, stress awareness day, language classes and religious and cultural celebrations to name a few.
Interested in giving back?
Volunteerism, philanthropy, sound business practices and ethics in addition to a conservation-minded approach to protecting the environment; all are integral to Northern Trust's culture of caring and form the foundation of our corporate social responsibility (CSR). All employees are given 2 days paid leave to volunteer and support. Take a look our CSR report on our careers site to find out more.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.