Tax Compliance Officer - VAT
Tax Compliance Officer (VAT) - Job based in Luxembourg Client focused - full time - Luxembourg Job Purpose:
The Tax Compliance Officer is responsible for own diversified client portfolio and timely and correct handling of matters concerning the preparation of tax returns, tax compliance monitoring, including correspondence and other communication with clients, third parties and TMF teams. Your profile:
- Bachelor's degree (or University degree) in accounting, finance or tax
- Good understanding of accounting and legal environment is necessary
- Excellent English written and verbal communication is required. Knowledge of German, French or Luxembourgish would be an advantage
- Good IT skills and excellent command of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) are necessary
- Minimum 2 years' experience in VAT compliance in Luxembourg or another EU member state, preferably in an international environment; understanding of Luxembourg tax structures will be an advantage
- Understanding of the Luxemburg indirect taxes and the recent changes occurred in the legislation
- Cycle A diploma (or corresponding diploma) is appreciated
- Supporting client servicing teams in their everyday work
- Liaise with the tax authorities, external advisors and clients
- Take ownership of own development by following required and relevant trainings
- Gain ownership of non-complex client files
- Supporting in follow-up invoices to clients and collecting debts
- Good understanding of accounting, tax and legal documents
- Report problems or complex technical matters to Senior Tax Compliance & Regulatory Services Officer
- Execute all the necessary to have TMF Group and clients perform according to Compliance and AML rules
- Work closely and effectively with counter team
Working at TMF Group offers:
- Preparation of work / deliverables related with the specific Luxembourg regulation
- Technical assistance to TMF teams with regards to specific Tax Compliance matters
- Attending client meetings & calls when assistance is required for specific Tax Compliance matters
- Support the team in all the actual and new specific Tax Compliance initiatives
- Excellent working conditions
- Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge, and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training.
- Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
- Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important valued and lived daily.
- Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.