UNIX Operation - Team Lead
Looking for an experienced UNIX Operation Lead. The following skill sets are essential:-
The UNIX Operation Lead is responsible for the smooth running of the day to day operations and Maintenance of UNIX (AIX/Solaris/LINUX/SAN) environment.
Working in Technology Infrastructure Service Management team, the UNIX Operation Lead will work on a range of technologies as defined by the UNIX portfolio the role may specialise in one or more of the technologies but will be expected to work across all of them. The Individual needs to drive the team in terms of achieving the business goals. Fault restoration is targeted and measured within defined Service Level Agreements and mean time to repair. Stake holder management is a key requirement of the role, inter-working with all areas of the business, vendors and Outsourced Partners.
The successful candidate will have experience in managing a medium sized team of engineers in a 24*7*365 Enterprise Shared Services environment. A strong understanding of Servers technology & ITIL ITSM standards are necessary. The UNIX Operation team works closely with multiple groups within and outside the organization. As a result, great communication, ownership and people management skills are essential in order to be considered for the position. Qualifications
Must have technical professional qualifications:
- 8-10 years experience in UNIX Operations in Enterprise Share services provider environment.
- Good understanding of Shell Scripting, DNS, Web Server Technologies, Application Server Technologies, Middleware Technologies, Data Bases Technologies, SAN, Enterprise Network technologies, Cyber Security Defence and IP within an operational environment.
- Exposure to CA EMS, HP Server Automation, SIEM(QRadar), TrendMicro Deep Security, Autosys, DNS, Solaris, Linux and Window Server elements
- Excellent understanding of Server infrastructure including 24 x7 x 365 environment.
- Experience in working with multiple third party network providers and equipment vendors.
- Able to communicate at appropriate levels of target audience on both Technical & non-Technical (including process activities).
- Proven ability to adapt to international working environment especially with multi-cultural teams.
- Working knowledge on Load Balancer
- Ability to produce Incidents reports in relation to Infrastructure events.
- Bachelor in Information Systems, Computer Science or Telecommunication engineering.
- Analytical and logical problem solving approach. Drive, commitment & personal motivation.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Planning, prioritisation & organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good Business acumen and awareness.