: This position is an individual contributor within the Internal Audit team responsible for performing audit engagements including U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance testing. This position will contribute significantly to SOX testing efforts as well as supporting key operational and integrated risk-based Audits for Corporate functions covering Finance, Human Resources, Legal Affairs, Government Affairs, Corporate Risk & Compliance, and Corporate Social Responsibility. The Impact:
As publicly announced in November 2020, S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) and IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) have entered into a merger agreement to combine. Subject to the closing of that transactions, this role will be an Audit Analyst. The Audit Analysit is a role with high visibility as you will work closely with your direct manager and you will be expected to gain an understanding of key processes, key controls, identify control gaps by s trengthening and monitoring the internal control environment to provide assurance in the accuracy of reported financial information for a leading data provider worldwide. What's in it for you:
You will interact with key process owners and colleagues across the Company. You will also be responsible for completing the audits and projects as outlined in the Internal Audit Plan and play a critical role in assessing the effectiveness of the control environment and providing value added recommendations across the organization. You will gain a robust understanding of the operations of all divisions and functions within the company.
The Team / The Business:
- Opportunity to work with several levels of senior management across the Company to empower the markets of the future
- Ability to collaborate with global team of seasoned financial services/audit professionals and access to the latest technological and data analytic tools
- Competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, including generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, parental leave and more
- Advancement opportunities in a global company with presence in 30+ geographies
We have teams made up of people that work effectively together, while working with the larger group of auditors. Opportunities are presented every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. The Internal Audit function is a global team with presence in all regions (Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific). The function is independent and reports functioning to the Audit Committee. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Execute walkthroughs and perform testing of key financial and business process controls. Identify deficiencies and areas of opportunity to strengthen processes.
- Work closely with SOX process owners, manage cross-functional deliverables, and provide status updates and related reporting.
- Perform risk based operational, compliance, assurance, and consulting engagements of Corporate processes in accordance with Internal Audit standards and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Internal audits include planning the audit, designing, and executing audit procedures, creating audit working papers, and preparing the audit report.
- Work with other auditors in the Internal Audit function to support audit plan management and execution and participate in key department wide initiatives.
- Collaborate with management to develop appropriate action plans, as needed.
- Present audit results to all levels in the organization, as required.
- Follow up with management on previous audit findings to assure action plans have been completed.
- This role is expected to be an individual contributor with limited oversight.
- You will be an effective communicator, in both verbal and written form, and an analytical thinker who employs logic and persuasion to influence with diplomacy and tact.
- You will be a proactive, innovative, collegial team player who can be accountable and absorb/integrate ideas from diverse views, create partnerships and collaborate with others.
- You will be nimble in learning and support the implementation of agile techniques.
- You will be responsible for balancing stakeholders and building/fostering relationships with stakeholders.
- Candidate with strong interest to learn, embrace agile auditing techniques, adoption of data analytics and emerging tools to strengthen quality of audit execution and SOX controls testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- The ideal candidate must be an experienced audit professional with progressive and diverse internal control and auditing skills in financial services internal audit or related roles in control function organizations.
- Experience/exposure with different data analytics tools (such as Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, etc.).
- Agility to support different Internal Audit capabilities such as business/data/IT auditing and SOX compliance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of full-time financial auditing through planning audits, conducting audit procedures, and preparing audit reports.
- Strong understanding and operational application of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 - Public Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of or experience with managing and providing audit support during integrated financial and operational audits.
- Experience with integrated audits, electronic work papers and standard productivity tools
- Strong academic and professional credentials including undergraduate degree.
- Professional certifications preferred but not required (CIA, CAMS, CRMA, etc.).
- Willing to travel (domestic and international), limited to 10 - 15%
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.