Business Advisory - Assistant Manager / Manager (Based in Johor Bahru Office)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
Process Improvements Advisory
- Providing advice on accounting for complex transactions;
- Work hand-in-hand with Technical Department for complex transactions;
- Implementing new financial reporting requirements;
- Preparation of contents of Annual Report.
- Agreed-upon procedures engagement.
- Advising on conversion to new financial reporting framework.
- Advising, planning and executing finance transformation initiatives (e.g. financial reporting process improvements, implementation of financial close tools etc);
- Providing advise on certain aspects of post-merger integrations (accounting policy alignment, streamlining of finance functions etc);
- Providing advise on improvement of Standard Operating Procedures;
- Preparing of statutory and XBRL converted financial statements; and
- Supporting client finance functions.
Research and Eminence
- Developing and facilitating tailored training modules to clients; and
- Organising external seminars.
Your role as a leader
- Perform research on various topics, including matters related to future trends and opportunities in the advisory space. This include topics on financial reporting and finance transformation;
- Planning and executing eminence activities across Johor Bahru;
- Talent scouting and networking with universities; and
- Assist in developing and rolling out initiatives with the objective of achieving long term sustainable growth for the advisory business in Johor Bahru.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Assistant Manager across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- A Certified/Chartered Accountant qualification.
- Business advisory experience coupled with some auditing experience in Big 4 or large/multinational organisation is an added advantage.
- Deep understanding of finance functions in various sizes of organisations.
- Ability to adapt fast on ad-hoc assignments as and when required.
- Good knowledge of IFRS, financial reporting, and close processes.
- Knowledge of Internal Audit is an added advantage.
- Project management experience managing diverse teams across multiple geographies.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills including good consultative and negotiation skills with the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders from different cultures.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability, and drive to deliver high-quality outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with developed coaching and mentoring capability.
- Willingness to travel.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MA154-172888-2019