Actuarial & Insurance - Malaysia - Consultant
Are you keen to experience the amazing Asian culture through living andworking?
Are you keen to lead the hottest insurance topics?
Are you keen to have a unique, inspiring, dynamic and rewarding careerexperience working for leading global & regional (re)insurers? Work you will do
Youwill be based in Malaysia and delivering projects for leading insurers acrossSoutheast Asia. Under the supervision of qualified actuaries, you will be undertakingactuarial tasks to support the team deliver important client projects. You willalso be responsible for delegating tasks to Actuarial Analysts.
Be atthe forefront of exciting regulatory and business change:
• Deliver IFRS 17 projects in the Southeast region,typically for multi-national insurance groups
• Work in amulti-disciplined team with Finance and Technology experts, both from Clientand Deloitte.
• Deliver IFRS 17implementation tasks actuarial model design and modelling, re-design actuarialand finance close process, analysis of actuarial data, testing of insurancesystem outputs.
Apart from IFRS 17, yourwork will include delivery of the other types of actuarial projects, rangingfrom valuation and pricing, merger & acquisitions and due diligence,actuarial audit support, wider insurance engagements, all with extensive clientengagement opportunities.
You will have the chance towork and collaborate with our professionals in the actuarial practice and otherconsulting service lines in Malaysia and other geographical locations includingSingapore, Hong Kong and broader South East Asia. Whatyou need to have
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience as an actuary.
- Committed to obtaining fellowship qualification of an internationally recognized actuarial organization
- Relevant insurance and actuarial experience in life insurance market
- Large-scale implementation project experience is a strong plus
- Prophet modelling experience is a strong plus
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with great interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm to work and travel in the region
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: DCSE-172049-2019