Actuarial & Insurance - Malaysia - Manager
Are you keen to experience the amazing Asian culture through living andworking?
Are you keen to lead the hottest insurance topics?
Are you keen to have a unique, inspiring, dynamic and rewarding careerexperience working for leading global & regional (re)insurers? Work you will do
You will be based in Malaysia and delivering projects for leadinginsurers across Southeast Asia. You will be assuming responsibility of projectmanagement & delivery, review of work undertaken by juniors, on-the-jobcoaching of junior team members.
Be atthe forefront of exciting regulatory and business change:
• Manage IFRS 17 projects in the Southeast region,typically for multi-national insurance groups
• Work in a multi-disciplined team with Actuariesplus Finance and Technology experts, both from Client and Deloitte
• Manage IFRS 17 implementation tasks likeinterpretation of the standard, actuarial model design and modelling, re-designactuarial and finance close process, SME input into data and technologyworkstreams
Apart from IFRS 17, your work will include butnot limited to:
What you need to have
- Manage other actuarial projects, ranging from valuation and pricing, merger & acquisitions and due diligence, actuarial audit support, SME to wider insurance engagements, marketing activities and research and development with extensive client engagement opportunities.
- Take management responsibilities with the local team in Malaysia and also work closely with the regional teams based in Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Play a major role in business development activities, including proposal preparation and client presentations.
- Qualified actuary or nearing completion of actuarial exams
- Relevant insurance and actuarial experience in life insurance market
- Experienced in managing projects and junior team members
- Large-scale implementation project experience is a strong plus
- Advanced modelling skills (modelling experience in Prophet is a strong plus)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Access)
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm to work and travel in the region
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: DCSE-172051-2019