Analyst, Cyber Threat Response
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Perform initial triage, analysis and response - notable events & security alerts (including reported incidents via email, phone or group chat)
- Review of security alerts where immediate triage, analysis and response activities are required.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve the Security event monitoring & Cyber security incident response processes.
- Analyse lessons learned from cyber threat responses, track actions to closure and ensure playbooks and relevant findings are addressed accordingly.
- Ensure security incident identification, timely containment, investigation and remediation.
- Prioritize security incidents taking relevant factors such as impact , recoverability effort etc into consideration.
- Ensure compliance to SLA, process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives.
People and Talent
- Responsible for the execution of Security Incident and Event Management processes in support of the Group Cyber Defence function. Responsible for adhering to any and all applicable processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that may be in force at the time.
- Demonstrate leadership in the execution of the assigned role and serve as an example to others in the team in the true spirit of Group values.
- Act as part of a team providing the first line of defence protecting the Group against cyber risks. Adhere at all times to the requirements of the Group Risk Management Framework.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Participate in team-specific governance activities by providing input on operational documents and playbooks as required.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Communicate clearly and effectively to a diverse group of stakeholders, both within and outside the business unit, at varying levels of seniority. Display at all times an unwavering focus on positive client outcomes and mindfulness that one's actions reflect upon the team.
The following industry certifications are preferred but not mandatory:
- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker
- EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
- ITIL Foundation
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.