Audit & Assurance - Assistant Manager / Manager (Insurance)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
We are looking to expand our team of focused, aspirational and collaborative insurance practitioners, and as such we are offering the opportunity to join as Manager or Assistant Manager
in our Insurance Audit and Assurance Group to support this challenging and rapidly expanding business. We are seeking applications from professionals who ideally have excellent knowledge and experience of Life and / or General insurance related audit and advisory engagements. Work you'll do
Key responsibilities attributable to this role will include some or all of the following:
Your role as a leader
- Be responsible for managing a key client portfolio of insurance clients (life and general) and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Manage audit teams on specific assignments to ensure audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives.
- Assist the audit partners in establishing audit objectives and overall scope.
- Supervise teams to successfully execute engagements.
- Drive our continuous improvement in audit methodology.
- Manage, motivate and coach team members and provide feedback through regular communication and timely appraisal.
- Take an active role in delivering on advisory engagements specifically for MFRS/IFRS 17 advisory projects locally and possibly in the ASEAN Region.
- Support business development initiatives, assist in the preparation and presentation of proposals for new insurance audit and advisory jobs.
- Participate in practice management activities, including facilitation of internal training courses and staff development.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Assistant Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, CPA, MICPA or equivalent).
- Experience in the Insurance sector, either from within the industry as part of an insurance institution or from professional services.
- Experience in insurance accounting and/or relevant advisory engagements.
- Knowledge or awareness of developments in Insurance regulation.
- Knowledge of auditing techniques (including risk assessment, audit scoping, devising audit approach, controls testing, substantive testing).
- Experience managing audit engagements and audit teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication, guidance and influencing skills, team management, and leadership.
- Experience in developing project deliverables (proposals, reports, presentations) to a high standard Highly motivated approach, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a stimulating work environment.
- Enjoy working independently as well as actively collaborating with others to contribute to a high performing team environment.
- Being passionate about areas of expertise, managing your own development as a role model by learning continuously from experience and seeking out development opportunities.
- Candidates having prior MFRS/IFRS 17 exposure will have added advantage although this is not a pre-requisite.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MA156-172890-2019