Audit & Assurance - Senior (Insurance)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
You will work with Partners, Managers and Audit Assistants to perform a variety of audit and advisory engagements for a portfolio of insurance clients. As an engagement team leader, you will guide the Assistants and review their work. You will be expected to assist the engagement managers in planning and meeting clients to clarify and resolve issues.
As part of the Insurance Audit and Assurance Group, you will take an active role in delivering on advisory engagements specifically for MFRS/IFRS 17 advisory projects locally and possibly in the ASEAN Region. You will be assisting the managers and partners in business development initiatives, assist in the preparation of proposals for new insurance audit and advisory jobs. Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Associates across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
We are looking for accountancy graduates or equivalent with 2 to 3 years of assurance experience in a major auditing firm specialising in Insurance, preferably one of the other Big 4. Candidates with professional accounting qualification and having prior MFRS/IFRS 17 exposure will have added advantage although this is not a pre-requisite.
You can make a difference if you have:
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in auditing life and/or general insurers.
- Excellent communications and inter-personal skills.
- Driven to work under tight deadlines.
- Passion to produce quality work.
- Motivation to shoulder more responsibilities and grow.
- Possess good leadership skills and demonstrate resilience.
- Able to demonstrate ability to interact with people of different backgrounds and build meaningful relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MA155-172889-2019