Business Tax Advisory, Senior Associate
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Malaysia
- 25 Mar 19
Business Tax Advisory, Senior Associate
Our Business Tax Services (BTS) practice is an integrated and collaborative team of corporate tax professionals advising the best clients in the market. We help businesses meet complex demands for tax reporting, compliance and planning, and tax policy and controversy. We are currently looking for people who have experience in tax advisory, tax structuring and tax compliance services to advise a range of corporate clients.
You'll be responsible for advising on tax matters and planning the client's business activities to optimise tax solutions. You'll help clients succeed by assisting them with the strategic and operational challenges facing their tax functions, analysing tax opportunities and benefits that can be attained by them. Be part of a global team, you'll help build sustainable tax strategies; assesses, improves and monitors tax functions' processes, controls and risk management
Your key responsibilities
- You'll contribute technical insights to business tax compliance engagements and internal projects
- Assist clients with projects such as corporate tax advisory work, restructuring, tax incentives, initial public offerings, and cross border transactions
- Preparing estimated tax liabilities to assist the client in meeting its tax payment obligations
- Provide the highest level of technical advice on the application of tax law
- Assisting clients to deal with the relevant authorities on any tax issues they may face including tax audit, seeking for tax rulings, tax appeals and technical confirmations
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring tax excellence with real and valuable solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in business tax services or a related field
- A professional qualification in Tax
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.