About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
This opening is from the Governance function within the Core Processes team which includes Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management. The role is responsible for and has oversight over operational risk management, control management and audit management across the Core Processes. This role is key and responsible for applying the function's approach to risk identification and mitigation, control management and audit engagement within the framework set out by the relevant authorities.
This operations role ensures a constant state of preparation, readiness and continuous improvement across process, risk management and reduction, audit success, documentation, MIS systems and reporting. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Execute Core Processes risk/control reviews
- Track to closure, all actions and risks arising from the reviews
- Identify gaps in the design and operating effectiveness of controls, and identify opportunities for more efficient and effective controls
- Single Point of Contact (SPoC) for the Unit on internal and external audits
- Ensure that Core Processes are sufficiently prepared for upcoming audits
- Review and advice on the adequacy of management response to audit findings
- Monitor and track progress and timely closure of audit findings
- Share thematic risk & audit findings across units.
- Ensure regulatory and company/group requirements are met and that there is suitable evidence to support this
- Ensure all changes to Core Processes related policies, procedures, process have appropriate controls embedded
- Continuous monitoring of key controls. Validate sampling techniques, results and exceptions arising thereof
- Obtain, agree and track to closure of treatment plan from responsible parties
- At least 12 years of experience in (any combination of) Audit, Risk or Security within technology
- A good understanding of controls required to manage Process Risk
- An understanding of IT Service Management and/or IT Governance and Management Frameworks. Must have good understanding of Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management
- Be able to create and tailor clear and concise verbal and written communications. Fluent written and spoken English language skills
- Possess a pro-active posture and committed to continuous improvement
- Demonstrable analytical thinking
- A team player who enjoys working with people on all levels as well as being able to work independently and under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to interpret regulations to ensure Core Processes compliance
- Tertiary qualification in IT or Business Administration or equivalent
- Any COBIT related certification would be beneficial
- ITIL Foundation certified or Intermediate certification would be beneficial
- Any certification in (any one of) CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control certification), CISA (Certified Information System Auditor) or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) would be beneficial
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.