Corporate Tax Compliance, Manager (FSO)
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Malaysia
- 26 Mar 19
Corporate Tax Compliance, Manager (FSO)
Modern tax regulations are highly complex and dynamic. As one of our Global Compliance and Reporting professionals, you'll help financial services clients meet the increasing and ever more complex demand with tax compliance, reporting and advisory services.
Working as part of a diverse global team, you'll gain the technical knowledge you need to assist clients with demands across the tax life-cycle. Working with leading financial services organisations, you will have the opportunity to advise on tax matters and planning business activities to optimise tax solutions.
We'll help you develop the skills you need for a successful career, and support and encourage you to become a recognised leader in the tax profession. As part of our expansion strategy, we would like to invite you to join this dynamic team.
Your key responsibilities
- You'll combine our standard global compliance processes and tools with your local compliance and accounting experience to provide clients visibility and control of their domestic and/or global compliance and reporting requirements
- Make sure that the work delivered to the client is of high quality
- Anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate
- Help to create a positive learning culture, coaching and counselling junior team members to help them develop professionally and personally as an influential member of the team
- Participate in engagements, assist in managing engagement economics by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
- Participate in business development initiatives and build strong internal relationships within the business tax compliance team and across other services
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in tax compliance or a related field, ideally gained in a top tier accounting firm, corporate or business consulting environment
- A professional qualification in Tax
- Experience in or an interest in dealing with Financial Services organisations
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.