- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Experian Singapore
- 19 Apr 19
As a Java Developer you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software programs in accordance to requirements and specifications, established or defined quality and performance standards, and within delivery timelines.
- To develop and maintain software programs:-
- According to requirements and specifications.
- Within established or defined quality and performance standards.
- Within agreed upon delivery timelines.
- Participate in consultation with Development Leads in estimating effort for work assigned.
- Participate in initiatives that improve processes and/or procedures that contribute to performance effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Communicate work progress and all (work related) pertinent information in an accurate and timely manner to the Development Leads.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Possess a Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Working experience in a software development environment.
- Commercial software development experience in Java and have worked with the following:-
- Creating Web Services and RESTful services with Web API
- Linux (Usage and Administration)
- Familiar with Open Source tools / Frameworks
- Working knowledge in one of the following would be an advantage:-
- Software as a Service (SaaS) platform
- Performance and automated testing of Web Services
- Experience (or strong interest in working) with large and disparate data set.
- Proven commercial experience in the software development lifecycle. Experience in Scrum would be an advantage.
- Positive and professional approach at all times.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to empathise with the customer's viewpoint when designing and developing software.