Job Purpose *
ITIL Incident Analyst is responsible for managing the ITSM processes in accordance to CIMB Service Management Model based on ITIL best practices. He or she should be practitioner in the area, focused on core IT Service Management / ITIL functions including but not limited to areas such as incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management and service level management.
ITIL Incident Analyst ensures that standardized methods and procedures (ITIL v3) are used for efficient and prompt handling of all issues in order to reduce incidents and improve service quality and consequently identifies opportunities to improve the day-to-day operations of the organization. Key Responsibilities *
The range of activities and tasks to be undertaken by an ITIL Incident Analyst includes:
Qualifications Job Specification *
- Incident Management Process Owners in driving Service management best-practice and ITIL process standardization
- Executes the Incident Management process tasks in adherence with CIMB IT Policy and Procedure and Problem SOP
- Coordinates and manages the Incident Management process activities across the MY and regional countries
- Escalates risks and issues to CIMB's leadership team
- Supports Incident Management reporting (KPIs and customer SLAs)
- Primary interface / contact person for CIMB, able to work on 24x7 support.
- Lead and coordinate with technical resources to restore services via workaround or permanent solution within the agreed SLA, for major incidents (P1 / P2 cases).
- Prioritize among competing issues based on resources and business impact.
- As as an escalation point for users, team members, and vendors for issues related to major incidents.
- Chair conference calls between technical team, business and stakeholders to communicate status of recovery effort and confirm service restoration.
- Communicate status of recovery efforts to impacted teams, Business and stakeholders through leading conference calls and publishing incident notifications.
- Review and feedback on the Major Incident Review Report after major incidents to identify gaps and action items of improvements and preventive measures.
- Initiates follow-up actions to correct any issues or inefficiencies arising during execution of the Incident Management Process and highlights any issues or ideas of improvement to the CIMB leadership team
- Bachelor's Degree or Professional Qualification in Computer Science/ Information Technology
- Desired ITIL Foundation Certificate
Required Competencies and Skills *
- Minimum 2 years of Incident/Problem/Service Desk Lead
- Working knowledge of Incident/Problem/Change Management frameworks such as ITIL v3, TQM or ISO 9000:2000 (certification not required, but is a plus).
- Minimum Technical Requirement - Proficient in MS Office.
- Familiar with network technologies, application, hardware such as mainframe, AS400, Unix and Wintel environment.
Personal skills (Soft Competencies [Core/Leadership])
- Good verbal and written command of English.
- Proven communication skills with multiple levels of an organization, including interaction with senior level business partners within the company.
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple high priority efforts/ competing priorities and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- Highly result oriented and can work in team