GT WB-PMRP-Programme & Project Delivery-Project Manager
Job Purpose *
The Project Manager role is responsible for managing projects using the project management methodology, processes and practices for all IT projects across the Enterprise Delivery. The role manages end-to-end project management starting from engagement to operations handover. The role is responsible to create an environment and performs all activities required for a successful release or deployment of an IT project. Key Responsibilities *
1) Prepare / develop project work plan, ensure it aligns with deliverables of project team (incl. vendor if applicable).
2) Provide advise and plan for testing, data migration, deployment and training based on technical and business dependencies.
3) Establish project team based on the project charter and conduct kick off meeting, PWC meeting and PSC meeting.
4) Manage, prepare, track and record all project related documents including changes, updates, minutes, approval and sign-off.
5) Collect metrics from Requirement Tracability Matrix (RTM) derived from Business Analyst and Defect Removal Effectiveness (DRE) from the reviewing of defects log under Testing for analysis and reporting.
6) To perform resource planning for support, development, projects and subject matter experts
7) Plan, manage and coordinate all IT and to project, plan and timeline related activitiy within interdepartments and vendors.
8) Plan, manage and coordinate technical related acitivity within inter-departments and vendors
9) Define the timeline, effort and key activites for the system changes and projects.
10) Provide input and review for the integration and conversion strategies.
11) Identify involvement of third party system(s) in UAT.
12) Capture risk and issue and maintain the risk and issue register.
1) Manage and deliver projects within timeline, quality and within budget.
2) Regularly update management via established reporting templates and interval (eg. Monthly and yearly) for support, development and projects.
3) Provide timely updates and ensure proper management of business stakeholders / sponsor.
4) Ensure project risks are fully thought through and mitigated throughout the project delivery. Qualifications Job Specification *
(Basic Degree/Diploma etc)
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management / Information Technology or equivalent.
Professional Qualification and/or Regulatory, Licensing requirements
• Project Management Professional / PRINCE2 certified
Relevant Work Experience
• 6 to 8 years of Project Management experience with at least 4 years of relevant industry experience.
• Delivered medium and/or large scale projects from project inception through the entire project life cycle. Required Competencies and Skills *
(Essential to succeed in this job)
• Familiar with various project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project)
• Must have strong leadership and people management skills; ability to influence, organisational ability and time management.
• Excellent business acumen and analytical skills.
• Embody the organisation culture and aligns and support of organisation vision and mission.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
• Highly result oriented and can work independently.
• Demonstrates ability to build relationships and work well with peers from both business and technology stakeholders and interact effectively with internal and external parties.
• Ability to plan and prioritise work / projects within the team.