Java Developer/System Engineer
Company & department description
SWIFT is a memb er-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardized financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide. In 2014 SWIFT processed more than 5.6 billion FIN messages.
The candidate will join the KL IT - CRM development team. This vibrant team is in charge of developing and maintaining the Java interfaces between cloud applications and SWIFT systems as well as other EAS front-ends development on swift.com. This development team is working in close collaboration with SWIFT teams based in SWIFT headquarter in Belgium. The candidate will be participating to all steps of the software development cycle, including analysis of requirements, design, implementation, testing, and support of the developed applications. Responsibilities
- Design, develop, integrate third party components, test, install and support programs/systems.
- Analyze technical and functional requirements and translate them into software solutions. Understand dependencies toward other systems and teams.
- Evaluate and recommend technical feasibility and cost estimates of the proposed solutions.
- Prepare installation and operating procedures.
- Coach and guide team members into technical aspect of application/products (e.g. provide technical training/knowledge transfer).
- Provide technical assistance to colleagues and assist in resolving problems reported by other team members.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Supporting the delivered software and being part of a 'Center of Expertise' problem solving team.
- Analyze support cases and, when appropriate, provide solutions following the established case management processes.
University degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent discipline. Experience
Essential Technical skills
- At least 4 years of professional experience in Java software development job.
- Candidate with 7 to 10 years of experience in Java software development with senior developer profile will be considered for senior position.
The following skills are listed in order of importance:
- Knowledge and experience in Java development (Spring, Tomcat Apache)
- Knowledge and experience in web services (REST & SOAP)
- Knowledge and experience in Oracle and PSSQL.
- Knowledge and experience in software development tools such as ClearCase, GIT, Eclipse, Jira
- Experience with Web application containers such as Tomcat or Weblogic servers
- Knowledge and experience in middleware development is a plus
- Knowledge of Web Application frameworks such as AngularJS, JSF2, JSP, Struts is a plus
The following additional skills are an advantage:
- Knowledge of HTTP, PKI, Common web security (XSS, XSRRF, DDOS, SQL injection)
- DB admin knowledge in Oracle and PSSQL.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with RHEL, UNIX operating system and shell scripting languages
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Take accountability for delivering results
- Strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of English in speaking, reading and writing
- Team player mindset
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Quality orientation