KYC Compliance Lead
Company & department description
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies.
SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide. Responsibilities
The SWIFT KYC Operations team within Services Enablement & Customer Services Ops department is hiring a full-time experienced Compliance Specialist Lead.
This team fulfills customer onboarding and related due diligence and Know Your Customer (KYC) activities. As a part of the data collection project to feed our central Know Your Customer Registry, we have our KYC Operations team based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Basic information on all banks worldwide (eg banking license, names of board directors, certificate of incorporation, etc.) will be collected and validated. Banks could then use this KYC Registry while doing their KYC/due diligence process on their counterparts.
We are a dynamic group looking to continuously improve the customer experience of our services by meeting and anticipating the client needs. Great Team spirit, customer centricity and Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset are key elements you need, to fit in the team. In this context, we are looking for a dynamic candidate to reinforce our KYC Operations team!
- To train and coach the team
- Perform data collection and validation process to feed our central Know Your Customer Registry
- Ensuring the team is performing with operation excellence and customer centric mindset
- To lead and develop the team
- Handle due diligence activities (user risk monitoring and compliance re-verification process) for existing customers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 6-8 years of experience in KYC and/or Compliance fields
- 2+ years of experience in People manager role
- Possess good communication skill and able to interact with impact
- Develop, inspire, drive motivation and increase engagement level in the team
- Good analytical, problem solving, and strategies planning skill
- Ability to work in a structured, high volume, time-sensitive and high-risk environment
Professional knowledge and expertise:
- A high degree of familiarity with customer onboarding processes is required or will need to be learned
- A high degree of familiarity with Compliance and Sanction
- Exposure to different banking areas - Foreign Exchange, Cash Management, Business Banking , Anti Money Laundering and Client Management
- Well versed with Anti Money Laundering regulations
- Well versed with US OFAC Sanctions Regulation
- Incumbent must be able to express him/herself in fluent English both verbally and in writing What we offer
- A competitive salary package & great benefits
- Access to a wide library of personal and technical courses and trainings
- The chance to work within an international work environment with colleagues across the globe