MY - Manager / Senior Manager - Enterprise Technology & Performance – Technology Strategy & Transformation
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
As a Manager in our Consulting team you'll build and nurture positive working relationships with teams and clients with the intention to exceed client expectations.
- Help our clients solve their most critical information and technological challenges by providing oversight and directing project teams in research efforts and analytics to develop and deliver innovative technology-enabled solutions.
- Oversee and provide directions to the project teams in undertaking IT assessments, critically examine alignment of technology elements against key business priorities, develop recommendations and advise on appropriate strategies, governance, architecture, and innovations to optimize the configuration of clients' operations.
- Work closely with mid- to senior-level stakeholders to provide status updates and progress reports on project deliverables.
- Lead the delivery of workshops with the client, as well as provide subject matter expertise in addressing issues that may be raised during key presentations.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the senior IT leadership team or business sponsor and leverage your technical abilities to influence and shape key decisions and/or thought processes of the clients.
- Set up, manage and track project economics in accordance to the approved pricing parameters.
- Take responsibility for managing the project teams and will be accountable for all work products developed by the project teams.
- Take responsibility for management of project teams and will mentor team members to help them in their career progression.
- Be a trusted advisor to our clients and will work closely with them in shaping major IT transformation programmes and identify business opportunities ahead of the curve. You will drive the development of proposals, presentations and publications in response to market demands
- Contribute to the development of our practice by coaching junior team members and developing pursuits materials/proposals.
In leading teams to deliver impact to clients through the project, you'll:
Your role as a leader
- Employ a business-oriented mindset and use data-driven solutions to drive transformation agendas and achieve results
- Leverage expertise in a functional domain to enable client's strategic agenda
- Consider opportunities and threats related to end-user adoption when developing recommendations
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte and align our people to these objectives, setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Deliver exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
- A good honors Degree, preferably at postgraduate level, in Information Technology, Business Information Systems, Business, Engineering, Mathematics or related disciplines.
- Manager will require a minimum of 12-15 years of experience in IT management consulting or related role
- Certified or training in either PRINCE2, PMBOK or PMP will be an advantage
- Certified or training in TOGAF, COBIT, ITIL or CMMI will be an advantage
- Training and/or practical experience with Agile, DevOps will be an advantage
- Experience in both advisory as well as implementation experience in the following areas:
- IT Strategy : IT strategy development, IT governance, IT operating model, enterprise architecture
- IT Transformation : IT sourcing advisory, program and project management advisory, transformation initiatives execution, large scale system implementation
- IT Operations : IT service management, IT shared service management
- IT Optimization : IT cost reduction, IT Merger & Acquisition
- Understanding of current IT trends (cloud computing, big data, social media, RPA, IoT, blockchain, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills in English, be self-motivated, and be able to work in stressful situations with changing priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to think out-of-the-box, work under pressure and tight project timelines
- Drive, tenacity, client focused and results oriented
- Proven demonstration of sound business acumen, teamwork and leadership qualities.
- Experience in leading and coaching a team.
- Experience in business / proposal development, and pursuits.
- Willingness to work outside of office base and most of all...
- An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel (both locally and abroad) is a pre-requisite to fit to our short-term and long-term project assignment.
Positions may be based in Malaysia
but project locations could be anywhere in the Asia-Pacific Region. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: DCSE-172570-2019