Manager - Indirect Tax
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Malaysia
- 21 Mar 19
Manager - Indirect Tax
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do
- • Handle indirect tax dispute resolution cases such as administrativereviews by indirect tax authorities, tribunal indirect tax litigation, indirecttax litigation support for civil court cases
• Analyse indirect tax laws and advise clients on indirect taximplications of business transactions
• Review and advise on client indirect tax compliance (returns anddeclarations)
• Conduct indirect tax due diligence reviews
• Supervise staff in dispute resolution and indirect tax advisory/compliance/duediligence assignments
• Manage deadlines on indirect tax assignments
• Manage administrative matters relating to above such as billing andportfolio monitoring
• Perform other tasks as and when assigned
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of Deloitte and our clients and align our people to these objectives, setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
- Possess minimum Bachelor's Degree in Law or equivalent (double degree in Law and Accounting would be an added advantage).
- Certificate in Legal Practice or any equivalent overseas Bar qualification would be an added advantage.
- Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Possess good organizational skills and able to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MT100-163548-2019