- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 17 Feb 19
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
A dynamic individual is required to join the Network Engineering team under Technology Infrastructure to enhance our Network Infrastructure development and change the bank capability within our bank's business. The key challenge will be to deliver the requirements below in an environment with a high rate of growth.
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
- Provide Network Engineering expertise to the business, technology solution delivery, application support and technology infrastructure domain teams.
- Identify and recommend new technology that will add value to the organization in terms of capability, performance and cost.
- Develop influential and trustworthy working relationships with other technology and business peers to communicate and achieve performance objectives.
- Develop relationships with IT vendors and partners for the benefit of the bank and business.
- Recommends appropriate level of instrumentation and thresholds to facilitate monitoring.
- Undertake continuous improvement.
- Strong Knowledge of WAN technology like MPLS, Ethernet WAN, SDWAN
- Strong knowledge in Routing & Switching, BGP, IS-IS, OSPC, Multicast
- Significant working knowledge in:
- Operating Systems : Linux/Unix
- Server hardware: Dell, Grid, HBA
- Monitoring & management technology
- Networking Technology: Cisco switch & router, DNS, Proxy, F5 load Balancer, Fortinet Firewall
- Preferably possess a valid Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Experience in developing Design and configuration standards for the Network environment
- Identify and recommend new technology/Products that will add value to the Ecom business in terms of cost and performance
- Lateral thinking and motivated to work independently and on a team as well as having the ability to work directly with teams across multiple regions and time zones
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.