- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 18 Apr 19
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We have an opportunity for Jira & Confluence Engineer.
Jira and Confluence have grown organically within the Bank over the past 3 years to a significant user base spanning both ITO and lines and business. The Jira / Confluence Developer will contribute to the next phase of the journey as both developer and administrator, responsible for administration, maintenance, upgrade, development and support of Jira and Confluence for the Bank.
You'll work with multiple stakeholders to deliver the product roadmap, aligned to target architecture, and to support the Bank's agile transformation. You'll be responsible for defining and delivering platform standards, working with end users to understand use cases and requirements, onboarding new teams to the tools and building the user base.
· · Work on development frameworks that will help the developer community in utilizing the development tools more effectively and efficiently
· Work on MIS & visualization platform from ground-up to create rich user experience interface
· Work on POC of new tools that will help boost the resource productivity
· Identify best practice/use cases for Jira and Confluence including but not limited to those related to Agile development, incident and defect tracking methodologies
· Contribute to the definition of platform standards for Jira and Confluence; ensure existing teams / workflows adhere to defined standards
· Optimise Jira & Confluence setup and workflows
· Design, build and rollout simple and complex workflows / pages for both Jira and Confluence in line with platform standards, including integrating Jira and Confluence as required (and other Atlassian tools including Bitbucket, FishEye, Crucible, etc.)
· Able to build customised workflows as appropriate
· Extend Jira and Confluence in line with users' needs through integration of add-ons, either developed internally or available via the Marketplace
· Construct custom dashboards and reports to deliver MIS to relevant users / stakeholders
· Compile and analyse development and production bug reports; track and resolve issues and bugs
· Monitor performance of Jira and Confluence and deliver fixes as required to assure performance (including archival strategy)
· Deliver timely upgrades for both Jira and Confluence in line with Atlassian end of life policy
· Establish effective access review and control processes
· Establish effective change control processes
· Establish operational procedures for support team to streamline ongoing support activities
· Maintain up to date documentation of the functionality implemented in Jira and Confluence
Knowledge and Skills:
· Strong knowledge of Java/Maven & Python and ability to create webhooks & knowledge of API driven development is essential
· Prior experience writing Atlassian add-ons is required
· Expert level capability in the administration of Jira and Confluence
· Excellent understanding of Jira workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, etc.
· Experience delivering upgrades for the Jira and Confluence including maintaining customisations across versions
· Demonstrated experience writing scripts
· Familiarity with Oracle or equivalent database technologies
· Knowledge of SDLC and experience working with Agile teams
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills
· Working with customers to resolve issues with web application issue within Atlassian stack.
· Finding and reporting bugs to our development team.
· Working along with the global team to solve customer facing issues.
· Continually improving processes and documentation.
· Sharing knowledge on solutions, ensuring that our customers don't face the same problem twice!
· Comfortable to work in the EMEA shift hours (3pm to 12am) or APAC hours (7am to 4pm).
· Open to weekend and holiday rotational schedule within the team.
· Familiar with software development environment
· Familiar using any Version Control System(VCS) like Git, Perforce, Mercurial, SVN, CVS.
· Comfortable researching and learning new technologies on frequent basis.
· Passionate about working with technically sound customers.
· Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
· Solving problems is what keeps you motivated.
Technical Requirements :
· Application logs are your partners in crime when troubleshooting.
· Demonstrated experience troubleshooting within a Java Runtime Environment.
· Demonstrated experience working with Application Servers (Apache, Tomcat, etc), SSL, Proxy.
· Demonstrated database and SQL experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Oracle etc).
· Experience working with various operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac, etc).
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.