Resource Management Manager / Assistant Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Malaysia
- 19 Mar 19
Resource Management Manager / Assistant Manager
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
The job of Resource Management Manager/ Assistant Manager was established to manage resourcing for all potential and assigned jobs. Key functional responsibility includes the ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of how planning/ forecasting staffing requirements translate to the creation of schedule by optimizing resources to achieve business objectives. This position requires that the individual be the liaison between the Audit Managers and Audit Partners as it relates to resourcing across all work.
Work you'll do
- Strategic oversight of resource planning activities, coordinating workload forecasting activities based on current demands and audit captures. Serving as subject matter expert on workforce planning to work closely with stakeholders to educate and partner on related initiatives and projects.
- Provide analysis, results and recommendations to leadership team regarding Resource Management processes, schedules, and plans
- Provide hiring and staffing direction to Human Resources and Operations
- Review, develop and implement policy and process enhancements to provide increased productivity, higher customer/employee satisfaction, reduced costs and all core processes/tools to achieve optimum results
- Take the lead on determining appropriate staffing levels and adjustment recommendations to support budgeting and business planning needs
- Escalation platform to manage scheduling conflicts
- Supports direct reports in meeting Resource Management (RM) team commitments. RMs work with their direct reports to help them be successful. This includes reviewing their plans and routinely tracking their progress.
- Evaluates performance, career counseling and development of direct reports. Provide team coaching and development by accurately accessing strengths and opportunities, giving timely and actionable feedback, as well as motivate direct reports to optimize performance
- Promotes a productive work environment. RMs have the responsibility to ensure continual improvement in the productivity of direct reports, both on long-term projects as well as from project to project.
- Serves as channel for company communications. RMs serve as conduits for the dissemination of company-related information to direct reports. The RM puts a face on the corporation with which the direct reports can communicate.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte and align our people to these objectives, setting clear priorities and direction
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior stakeholders
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders
- Prior experience in resource management, manpower planning, workforce scheduling
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in a related field is required for this position, preferably at Manager level, and possess people leadership capabilities
- Proven experience as assistant manager (at least 1 year) or similar position
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel including PivotTable, V-Lookup, data mining and Microsoft Office (Power-point is a plus)
- Ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Highly detail oriented and able to work autonomously
- Enjoys a good challenge, possess positive working attitude, a team player and result oriented
- Strong analytical thinking & problem solving skills
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MQ130-145680-2018