Risk - Actuarial, Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Malaysia
- 19 Mar 19
Risk - Actuarial, Manager
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Join this team and you will provide clients with traditional actuarial services (e.g., reserving, pricing and mergers and acquisition support), as well as leading edge services such as financial reporting and measurement, financial risk management, modelling, hedging, reinsurance, securitization, economic capital and solvency.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As part of our life actuarial team, you'll focus on high-impact opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience that will shape our services. You'll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues. You will be at the forefront of issues that are shaping the insurance industry in Asia and gain a wide exposure to a diverse range of actuarial projects.
Your key responsibilities
As a manager in the Actuarial Advisory team, you'll be leading or working as part of a project team to deliver a wide range of client engagements. This includes:
- Merger and Acquisition (M&A) and due diligence
- Advanced financial modelling approaches and systems e.g., designing valuation and Asset Liability Management frameworks
- Valuation, pricing and product development
- Performance evaluation in areas related to financial risks, product distribution and capital issues
- Regulatory changes, including Risk-Based Capital, Solvency II and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the life actuarial team or an actuarial consulting firm
- Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for Senior Associate position
- Qualification or near qualification with either the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK), the Society of Actuaries (US) or the Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Depth of experience in at least one of the following areas:
Financial and regulatory reporting
Product and distribution strategy
ERM and Solvency II M&A due diligence
- Good understanding of economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience in working in a project-based, team-oriented environment, ideally consulting, with a proven track record of managing teams and delivering in face-paced and demanding environment
- Be an influential leader of the team, contribute to our positive learning culture, coach and mentor junior team members and help them to develop
- Ability to establish personal credibility quickly and demonstrate expertise
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Good knowledge of Prophet software
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.