Risk - Internal Audit, Senior Associate
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Malaysia
- 19 Mar 19
Risk - Internal Audit, Senior Associate
Management and boards of directors rely heavily on internal audit to provide important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective advisory support. As an internal audit professional, you will be leading engagements to identify control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvement and efficiency opportunities, as well as company-wide cost improvements. EY is a global leading service provider in this space, with a reputation for high quality and cost-effective innovative offerings.
Our structured career framework means you'll continue to develop, whatever level you're at. And with a network stretching around the globe, you'll gain valuable insight across industries and geographies. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As part of our internal controls team, you'll focus on client opportunities where your expertise can make a substantial impact. You'll apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services and motivate your team. You'll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
This is a role where no two days are the same - so you'll find yourself taking on plenty of new responsibilities as you go. In a volatile world, effective risk management protects, sustains and improves business performance. As a risk professional, you'll be focused on helping our clients develop an integrated and sustainable approach to risk and control that encompasses a holistic view of people, process and technology.
Your key responsibilities
- Executing Job planning: Conducting research on client background and risks, planning staff resource and propose tailored audit work program and audit time schedules, coordinate with client on kick off meeting with client and other necessary planning activities
- Performing testing of complex / non-routine audit areas, complete work programs including conducting interviews with Senior Management, provide guidance to junior team member(s), review the work of junior team member(s), schedule closing meeting with client and prepare closing meeting slides
- Reporting: Prepare draft and final reports after the necessary internal reviews, wrap up audit work programs and workfiles, and assist in any other wrap up activities
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within EY Advisory Services and with other services across the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
- Recognized Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Business or other related field
- At least 2 complete years of experience gained in an internal auditing/line position in a commercial environment, or in a big public accounting firm
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles and work ethics
- Industry related certification (e.g., CPA/CA, CIA, CMA, RICS)
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.