Senior Techncal Architect
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Experian Singapore
- 19 Apr 19
Senior Techncal Architect
There will never be a typical day at Experian, but that's why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing global landscape. Below you'll find
a snapshot of your day-to-day responsibilities.
The role sits within our Decision Analytics business, one of our four Global Business Lines.
Experian Decision Analytics helps client achieve and sustain significant growth. We do this by enabling clients
to make analytics-based customer decisions that support their strategic goals. As experts in uniting business
understanding with consumer and business information, analytics and strategy execution, we empower clients
to optimise customer value and actively manage it over time. This role therefore has clear accountability for
creating measurable value within our client organisations.
- Work and collaborate with architects, development teams and stakeholders across different countries to build and
develop new features for our core products
- Deliver quality technical/technology recommendations, proposals and documentations
- Participate/Lead in research and Proof of Concept activities_CN
- Communicate and explain technical/architectural decisions to product and development teams
- Ensure architecture and design recommendations are being followed
- Participate/Lead in global architecture initiatives
- Commitment to the success of architecture projects
- Responsible for implementing accurate and reliable code according to specification to deliver needed functionality (as
needed and involving complex modules)
- Responsible for designing and implementing unit tests to validate functionality implemented correctly (as needed and
involving complex modules)
- Responsible for documenting code and tests to support on-going maintenance of the code
- Participates in reviews of software engineers' code to deliver high quality solutions
- Contributes task ideas and estimates to planning process
- Responsible to produce technical designs and communicate them to development team to enable efficient build of
- Contributes ideas and suggestions for solution designs
- Deal with key stakeholders (internal & external) and to share / sell the solutioning that is being proposed
- Provide technical training within the team to ensure constant knowledge growth
- Keep abreast about new advances in own technology areas and propose the implementation of state-of-art
- MUST possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Information Technology, or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of related experience is required
- MUST have experience with and an appreciation of the benefits of software engineering practices and design such as: coding standards, agile (scrum) methodologies and test driven development
- MUST have a strong passion for software architecture, governance, development processes, technical details, and technologies
- MUST have experience in designing solutions for high performance, scalability, and reliability; knowledge in Micro Service & SaaS architecture is a plus
- MUST be proficient in OOAD, in Java, J2EE and its surrounding technologies including application frameworks like SPRING, Hibernate, Web Frameworks, RDBMs, etc..
- MUST have good communication, presentation, organizational, interpersonal, programming, troubleshooting, analytical & problem solving skills.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast moving and challenging environment
- A PLUS if possess knowledge/experience in build engineering, code quality and continuous delivery using technologies like Jenkins, Maven, Sonar, Clover, Artifactory, Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, etc.
- A PLUS if possess knowledge/experience in enterprise integration using frameworks like Apache Camel, CXF, ActiveMQ, Web Services/SOA Connectivity, etc.
- A PLUS if possess knowledge/experience in OSGi
- A PLUS if possess knowledge/experience in Big Data technologies (Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase)
- A PLUS if possess knowledge/experience in business intelligence systems