Strategy and Operations Business Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Technology powers Standard Chartered Bank's vision and strategic agenda through the provision of innovative and efficient technology solutions; we will deliver greater value to our business stakeholders; we will improve the skills and flexibility of our people and work more effectively with our internal and vendor service partners.
Core Infrastructure Services operates under the overall purview of "Technology Services" which is led by the Global Head, Technology Services. This role is to provide business management support to the CIS head across strategy, people, communications, reporting and supporting finance and vendor management.
The role requires a proven ability to support a geographically and culturally diverse team. The individual should have very strong communication skills, strong stakeholder management experience, an excellent understanding of risk and be comfortable in talking with senior MD's within the organisation.
This role reports into the Senior Manager, Core Infrastructure Services, TS. Strategy
- Support the CIS 3-5 year strategy within TS, by working with the sub domains on automation, faster time to market and driving more value from the annual Technology spend #SimplerFasterBetter
- Take a pivotal role in transformation of CIS, balancing service, cost and people agendas.
- Support a strong oversight of headcount vs. budgets and service, with robust governance in place to ensure targets are met.
- Support Business Efficiency opportunities, working with the CIS domain heads.
- Support the Global Head of CIS in any key presentation material to business CIOs, Global Head of TS and any other senior stakeholders
- Maintain communication with domain heads and key stakeholders to ensure
- Use of various collaboration tools to showcase the efforts as well as what the key priorities are for the overall domain to TS and key business stakeholders
- Support the overall department with people engagement including, preparation and management of Town Halls, off-sites, round tables and chairing MT meetings.
People and Talent
- Enhance and maintain an appropriate management system to track overall progress to bank requirements on headcount, compliance, conduct and overall general hygiene
- Full understanding, in financial terms, the value of 'IT services' and the cost of provisioning/support of the services to the business at a defined quality standard
- Creates additional value not originally envisaged by key stakeholders through innovative and synergistic approach
- Set-up and use of collaboration tools to track progress of the departments priorities in the most efficient way
- Create presentations for senior management or business consumption upon request
- Manage the CIS MT Calender
- An individual contributor working with the Senior Strategy and Operations Manager to support Core Infrastructure Services
- Assist management with creating an agreed standardised TOM and organization structure, including a location strategy
- Rollout of Standardised titles, Job Descriptions and packages across the department
- Manage desk relocations
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks, as well as having well thought through and tracked succession plans in place
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Centrally manage a list of open headcount positions and work closely with tech support hiring.
- Create Job Descriptions and work with HR TA to source candidates
- On-going management of the departments Fire Safety procedures and BCM
- Support the department Risk and Control manager for Core Infra Services
- Understand & ensure CIS domains have the right people & capability to achieve these requirements.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support CIS Global Head with governance tracking and overall progress updates to ensure they are sufficiently prepared
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct within CIS to ensure that adherence to the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Ensure compliance with all salient SCB governance frameworks where there are direct touchpoints with them or any subsequent downstream influence
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support CIS in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters using the appropriate management system
Our Ideal Candidate
- Global Head, Core Infrastructure Services
- Core Infra Services Domain Heads
- Technology Services COO department
- HR, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development
- Technology Services Business Management
- Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise
- Experience of developing a people strategy, influencing relevant stakeholders and decision makers, and executing decisions efficiently and consistently
- Experience with defining and implementing operating models and driving organizational change
- Experienced in leading a strategy for a department with a strong project management background
- Good working knowledge of software application: Outlook (intermediate), Word (intermediate), PowerPoint (intermediate), Excel (intermediate)
- Degree Level preferable (Business Analysis related)
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: Soft Skills, Technology and Financial
- Languages: English .
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.