Data Design Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Data Design Lead (Data Architect) is a key member of Trade Platform Engineering team and responsible for the overall data application design and data governance. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme.
The Role Responsibilities
Drive Data Architecture
Adherence to Risk & Data Quality Management Requirements
- Establish data standards in terms of nomenclature, persistence technology selection, design, and deployments.
- Deliver versioned data schemas and establish data governance process.
- Identify areas where data can be used to improve existing and new business process of varying complexity.
- Actively manage canonical data models derived from domain driven design.
- Help development teams in documenting data naming, classification, security, lifecycle and retention.
- Continuous management of the Trade Application System risks
- Proactively identify issues and actions
- Monitor and remediate issues and actions from audits
- Awareness of the regulatory world and knowledge of Data Quality needs and ensuring these are catered for in the functional design
- Coordinate with resources and teams across different locations
- Capability development/mentor team members
Our Ideal Candidate Educational Qualification/Certification:
- Technology - Delivery Teams, Technical Architecture, Technical Services
- Operations (Group, Regional, Country and Hubs)
- Business - Product/Sales/Segments (Group, Regional, Country)
Mandatory Skills :
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Experience on data modelling processes and techniques, and data persistence and access architectures for large application, driving the evolution of the infrastructure.
- NoSQL and RDBMS (MongoDB, Oracle, Postgres, Elasticsearch etc).
- Information management and data processing on multiple platforms.
- Data mining and modelling tools,
- Identifying Business Data Requirements
- Creation, Classification, and Maintenance of Data Models
- Data Standards and Governance
- Domain Driven Design
- Software Development
- Agile Development
- Change Management
- Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD)
- Machine Learning/AI/NLP experience
- Relevant experience of 10+ years
- Banking/Fintech experience preferred
- Trade Finance domain experience preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.