Senior Test Engineer-Cyber Security
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- Lead and support the testing team involving Sr Test Engineer and Test Engineer in delivering the agreed testing scope
- Support the Head of Testing & Test Manager for strategic process improvements, stakeholder management, work allocation and reporting
- Take ownership of end to end testing activities
- Work with development team on day to day basis on the Project test progress meetings to effectively update the test progress and manage defect
- Align Test activities with the overall project plan and change agenda of the wider programme.
- Effectively communicate to stakeholders the test status, highlight risks, and defects
- Work with team members to complete testing activities within the agreed timeframe with the upmost quality
- Demonstrate intuition and knowledge about how to find unanticipated behaviours through exploratory testing, apply this knowledge with measurable result to improve the product's quality, and translate these newly discovered behaviours into automated tests.
- Be an active member of Agile teams, partner with Software Developers, Product Managers, and other Test Engineers
- Coordinate with BA, Designers, Business Users, Developers and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate effective communication and articulation
- Support and drive test automation using the SCB standard tools and processes
- Knowledge in TDD/BDD frameworks
- Knowledge in Genie, Cucumber, Selenium, QTP, Fitnesse, TestNG using Java.
- Knowledge in Git, Subversion and Jenkins, Travis CI for Continuous Integration.
- Participate in ongoing process improvement efforts
- Mentor team members
Our Ideal Candidate
- Hands on involvement in all testing-related activities listed below
- Test Planning
- Test Strategy
- Test Estimation
- Team Management
- Work Allocation
- Requirement analysis
- Test script preparation
- Test data preparation
- Test execution
- Defect reporting and tracking
- Test reporting
- Stakeholder management
- Coordination with BA, DA and other stakeholders
- Good communication and articulation
- Experience of working in Agile environment
- Delivery focused and one who can take ownership
- Bachelor's Degree Qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields.
- Strong communication, Interpersonal, Learning and organizing skills matched with the ability to manage stress, Time, and People effectively
- Proven experience in co-ordination of many dependencies and multiple demanding stakeholders in a complex, large-scale deployment environment
- Ability to manage a diverse and challenging stakeholder community
- Diverse knowledge and experience of working on Agile Deliveries and Scrum teams.
- Exposure to cloud-based/SaaS-based model implementation
- Experience in Selenium/ Junit and programming languages such as Java and Python.
- Experience on tools like JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in end to end functional testing in Security / Identity & Access Management domain
- 7+ years of experience in both manual and automation testing including 3 years of test management & lead experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.