About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Primarily responsible for the stability of the production system
• Participates in the Incident and Problem Management processes as a resolver accountable for root cause analysis, resolution and reporting.
• Responsible for knowledge management, ensure that resolution steps, preventive actions etc. are well documented and kept for future reference
• Responsible for adhering to the established process of Incident, Problem, Change and Release management
• Responsible to proactively identify the risks in the application and manage the mitigation actions.
• Responsible for managing, tracking and timely closure of risks and other compliance related issues.
• Participate in internal / external risks and responsible for timely closure of audit action items.
• Participate in cross-training and knowledge transfer activities within support teams
• Resolve technical issues
• Manage and resolve severity incidents
• Analyze the issues reported by users and provide solutions.
• Follow up each issue to closure
• Take preventive measure to prevent severity incidents
• Manage inventory records
• Perform production support activities by providing issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLA, depending on the severity of the issue.
• Resolve issues and maintain updates in Remedy
• Perform root cause analysis of incidents and maintain repository for future use
• Coordinate with IT Service Centre for resolution of issues
• Ensure that back up and disaster recovery plans are executed
• Coordinate during the SCM process for source management Our Ideal Candidate
Field of Study - Computer Science/Information Technology & related fields
Certification - Bachelor of Science or higher.
Skills & Attributes
• Strong technical knowledge CICS, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, and mainframe development related tools.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in mainframe applications development and/or production supports.
• At least 1-2 years' experience interacting with internal and external users via verbal and written communication.
• Excellent prioritization, organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and analytical in problem resolution.
• Team player, fast learner, self initiative and reliable.
• The position will require candidate to be on standby support for non-office hour online or batch incidents.
Nice to have
• ITIL certifications
• Prior experience in Production Support Services
• Experience in banking domains applications
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.