About our client
Our client is the leading Dutch IT services provider, backed by a pan-European independent mid-market PE investor. Its automated services platform provides small and medium-sized clients with a one-stop-shop for mission-critical IT services including Microsoft modern workplace, security, communication/UC, connectivity/SD-WAN and a growing practice in Dynamics CRM and Data Warehousing/Power BI.
The company is headquartered in Amsterdam and currently employs around 350 people, with offices in The Netherlands, Spain, and the Caribbean. Combining autonomous growth with an active buy & build strategy in recent years, the company achieved sales in the high double-digit millions in 2022.
In the fragmented landscape of IT service providers, the company aims to become the SME 'go-to' brand for everyday IT service needs. Following its success in the Netherlands, the company is now looking to broaden its M&A activities to other countries in Europe (initially Germany, Belgium, and Spain) with strong support from its private equity partner and lenders.
Therefore, the role will involve frequent travel across Europe and especially Germany.
In this position you will work in a down-to-earth company culture that offers great development opportunities in a fast-growing market with a lot of responsibility right from the start. Based on individual performance, the role could over time evolve to the Group's Head of M&A. What the job involves
You will drive the complete deal cycle, taking care of deal execution, due diligence and supporting with sourcing & negotiations. Additionally, the role will focus on business development and strategic principles. The PE firm actively supports the portfolio company, and as such you will work closely together with the relevant deal team members to drive an important lever of value creation in this investment.
Who we are looking for
- Structured sourcing approach based on identified target profile, where relevant working with advisors and using smart networking
- 'Selling' the company's vision to potential targets and identifying synergies
- Hands-on planning, organization, and execution of M&A transactions
- Cross-functional coordination of all project participants including target companies, PE Deal Team members, internal departments as well as external consultants (M&A consultants, auditors, lawyers)
- Preparation and management of contract negotiations
- Preparation of investment cases including company valuations and presentation of decision papers to internal committees the Board, and depending on deal size, the Investment Committee of the PE firm
- Working closely with investors and the management
- Collaboration with CFO office to secure adequate transaction financing
- Strong educational record in the field of Finance, Business Administration or Economics
- Previous M&A experience from an Investment Bank, M&A Boutique, Corporate M&A department or Big 4 firm
- Extensive practical experience in the execution of M&A transactions (due diligence, valuation, project management, SPA negotiation)
- Profound knowledge in business valuation, modelling of business cases and financial models
- Strong analytical thinking skills as well as strong communication and organizational skills
- Committed team player with strong social skills and ability to entertain good relationships
- High degree of ownership and ability to independently drive workstreams
- Written and spoken fluency in English is a must, ideally combined with a fluency in German and/or Spanish
Log in to apply