1st Line Defence Officer
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Self Employed, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
1st Line Defence Officer
COO Finance is looking for a 1st LoD Non-Financial Risk Officer!
The Process, Control & Risk department of ING/COO Finance is looking for a Non- Financial Risk Officer as part of the Risk & Control team. If you are looking for a position within Finance with a global view where your work is both relevant and challenging and where you can make impact, then we are looking forward to meeting with you. The scope of PCR is primarily focused on the CFO domain in Amsterdam.
If you have a hands on mentality and are looking for an international working environment that requires knowledge of auditing, compliance- and/or operational risks, look no further this is the right position for you! As a 1st LoD Non-Financial Risk Officer you will be responsible for impact analyses and advice on and implementation of solutions to prevent and mitigate operational and compliance risks. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the definition of controls and test plans to mitigate identified risks. You will monitor and report on progress made in mitigating operational and compliance risks and participate in projects. Also you will become co-responsible for maintaining internal Control Frameworks (PCF).
It is an advantage if you have knowledge of Finance Processes, the Non-Financial Risk and Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks, iRisk and Sharepoint. Knowing how to use the Agile methodology as to further support our growth and improvements as a team is preferred.
Your work environment
The Process , Risk & Control team within COO Finance delivers integrated services to our stakeholders. You will become part of a dynamic team and will be working closely together with both other Risk & Control team members and Process experts. On the short term the team will also integrate with the COO Risk team. Having adopted the Agile methodology, we all are personally responsible for the result, associated planning, dividing of work and progress monitoring. We have regular stand-ups to determine and discuss the tasks to be performed to reach a larger result with customer value.
You will have frequent contact with first, second and third Line of Defense colleagues. Examples being Senior Management of business and operations, Process owners, Chapter leads, internal service providers and regional NFR coordinators for (and colleagues in) ING locations
Who we are looking for
- Graduate level (Master)
- Knowledge of Finance processes, auditing, compliance, IT Risk and/or operational risk management
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the banking sector
- Experienced Non-Financial Risk Officer or other comparable role
- You are skilled in strengthening the control environment by designing and implementing and monitoring on risks, control objectives and controls
- You are experienced in Key Control Testing. You should be able to gather evidence timely, clarify controls, monitor quality assurance and coordinate the full process end-to-end
- Have a drive to work in an international and complex environment
- Enjoys working according to the Agile methodology
- Experience with iRisk (Our core NFR application which registers a.o. all designed, implemented and tested risks and controls and keeps an overview of all risk items) is a plus
- Experience in Finance is a plus
- Excellent and convincing communication, writing & reporting skills in English.
- A critical, though positive constructive mind set.
- Accurate and thorough.
- Connect self-reflection and action.
- Promote customer-centricity.
Next to ING's Orange Code, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- Team player, with a proactive can-do mentality and attuned to the cultural differences
- Analytical skills to come to the heart of the matter and determine pragmatic solutions and clear recommendations in a complex and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Knows how to translate complex subjects into understandable information with the goal to drive actions and solutions
- Precise and consistent
- Service oriented with a keen eye for organisational sensitivity
- Enjoys new challenges, take on what needs to happen and are committed to get the job done
- You are easy to work with and are used to work in a team of professionals
- Excellent English language skills (reading, writing and speaking)
- Strong communication skills, persuasiveness and strong influencing skills
- Action-oriented and delivery focused
- Passionate about and experienced in the world of risk management
What do we offer?
- An environment with high exposure to senior management and plenty learning opportunities
- Broad personal set of responsibilities aimed at reaching results with customer impact and value
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Working in a highly motivated team of recognized experts and management
- Excellent remuneration, job grade dependent on years of relevant work experience
- 36/40 hours
- Job scale 11