Finance Control Specialist
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Self Employed, Full time
- 21 Mar 19
Finance Control Specialist
Your Work Environment
Group Finance/ Reporting Control Management is the corporate staff department responsible for the Internal Control over Financial Reporting. In this capacity the team is the linking pin between the Group Finance and the other corporate departments, local ING entities and shared service centers. This includes maintaining the day-to-day relationship with the local finance control officers and taking the ownership for implementing the requirements leading to a sound internal control over global reporting processes. This is a dynamic environment as requirements in financial and regulatory environment are continuously increasing. The department supports internal stakeholders within Group Finance by ensuring that the processes, controls and their testing is performed in line with the internal and external reporting requirements. Further internal stakeholders are non-financial risk departments, enterprise risk management business representatives, internal and external auditors. The RCM team has a dynamic culture, characterised by open, direct and informal communication, with a focus on team work.
As a Finance Control Specialist, you are responsible for identifying and (helping) eliminating reporting risks and increasing control awareness. You are strongly result-oriented and you have a sound knowledge and experience. You are capable of approaching issues from a 'helicopter' perspective but can also handle issues in detail when necessary. You are independent, like to work on multiple tasks and dare to speak out.
Your most important tasks will include: -
- Helping entities with the implementation of internal controls in line with the guidance to ensure a sound control environment;
- Pursuing investigations and deep dives into various finance control and accounting matters;
- Coordination and active participation in the ICFR/SOX404 sign-off process;
- Preparation and organisation of the ICFR governance meetings;
- Helping entities with the implementation of Minimum Standards regarding internal controls to ensure a sound reporting environment;
- Coordination of our external auditor account, incl. monitoring of independence and fees;
- Providing trainings and workshops to a wide community of global finance control officers, bringing bank-wide control knowledge up to a required level.
- Compliance Manager and NFR coordination for Group Finance.
Who are we looking for, your profile & competencies:
You have a hands-on approach and a healthy dose of organisation sensitivity. You are convincing in your work and critical (in a positive sense) of your own performance and that of others. You are a very quick learner, a superb team player, have a strong focus on stakeholders, supported by excellent collaboration skills.
In addition, you have:
- An academic degree in Finance or Economics, preferably supplemented by an RA or CIA certificate or studying for this;
- 7+ years of work experience in (external/internal) audit;
- Sound problem analysis and judgment skills;
- Relationship building is key for success in this role. It is important to have good influencing skills, being assertive without being antagonistic or alienating;
- Good communication and persuasion skills and ability to present complex issues in a simple and understandable way to both internal and external stakeholders;
- You are fluent in English (bot writing and speaking);
- Proven experience in business process improvements, including design, implementation and execution of (regulatory) oversight processes;
- Demonstrable knowledge of banking business processes and knowledge of the relevant (legal) regulations and procedures;
- Experience with financial statement closing processes, loan loss provisioning and IT general controls;
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with the Orange Code.
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Tamara.firstname.lastname@example.org . Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carriere