Managing Principal Management Accounting
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Self Employed, Full time
- 19 Mar 19
Managing Principal Management Accounting
Team Manager Finance Advice Group Finance
As a team manager you are responsible with your team to advise ING's Management Board using financial information and you have a leading role to support decisions in line with the Strategic and Financial Ambitions of ING.
You and the team maintain relationships with various stakeholders at senior management level at the Head Office including the Group Finance Controller for a wide range of topics including profitability, balance sheet management, risk / capital / solvency and funding. You are responsible for the Financial Planning and Advice cycle including the forecasting process as well as for the monthly and quarterly financial performance analysis and reporting. Furthermore the team provides ad-hoc support and advice. In addition you participate in Finance and business projects to improve results and processes.
You are an engaged people manager, coaching between 4 to 6 talented Financial controllers to support them in their development.
You are strongly result-oriented and you have sound knowledge and experience in the Financial sector. You are capable of approaching issues from a strategic perspective but can also handle issues in detail when necessary. You are independent, like to work on multiple tasks and will pro-actively challenge senior stakeholders.
Your most important tasks will include: -
- Financial Planning: you are responsible for the forecast and budgeting process of ING. You will facilitate the alignment within the matrix organisation and are responsible to ensure an accurate an consistent forecast.
- Performance management: you are responsible for the reporting on the financial performance of ING.
- Advice: you are a strategic business partner who independently identifies areas for improvement, prepares analyses together with the team and presents the outcomes to senior management.
- Strategic projects: You are responsible for representing Group Finance in relevant projects which impact ING's business model / quality of forward looking advice and / or finance process in general.
You are motivated to support our (internal) customers, curious to understand the details of the fast changing financial sector and an innovative player who can use latest insights to further develop our business model, people and processes. You have a natural healthy dose of organisational sensitivity and are able to combine different perspectives and areas of expertise to propose the optimal solution.
You are flexible in delivering ad-hoc requests and have a hands-on approach. You are convincing communicator. You are a superb team player with excellent collaboration skills who is critical (in a positive sense) of her / his own performance and that of others.
You recognise yourself in the values of ING, it's evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with the Orange Code and you are prepared to take the bankers oath.
In addition, you have:
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant working experience;
- Knowledge of Finance processes;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management skills with demonstrated proficiency in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills with proven success in influencing business decisions.
- Strong and strategic thought leadership to identify business needs and provide efficient and practical solutions.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and collaborate across a cross-functional team and influence senior leaders.
- Strong team player, self-starter and motivator, capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Successful candidate will be results focused, with high energy, flexible and with good work prioritization skills.
- An Master degree in Accounting/Auditing/Finance/Risk at minimum.Your Work Environment
Group Finance/ Management Accounting and Advice is the corporate staff department responsible for the managerial reporting and forward looking advice to the management board and external stakeholders such as regulators and shareholders. In this capacity the team is the linking pin between the Group Finance and the other corporate departments and local ING entities. This includes maintaining the day-to-day relationship with these stakeholders and taking the ownership for implementing / maintaining the requirements leading to a FP&A process. This is a dynamic environment as requirements in financial and regulatory environment are continuously increasing.
Group Finance has a dynamic culture, characterised by open, direct and informal communication, with a focus on team work.
Starting date: asap
Job scale 12 or 13
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Michal.Kowalczyk@ ing.com . Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carriere