(Senior) Principal Finance Control
- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Self Employed, Full time
- 21 Mar 19
(Senior) Principal Finance Control
ING is looking for...
a (Senior) Associate Finance and Control
Your Work Environment
ING's global Corporate Audit Services division (CAS) is looking for an Senior Associate Finance controller who is energised by improving CAS by organising and controlling the global budget and cost reporting. You like working both independent as well in working with a team in an international environment.
You have more than six years' relevant work experience. You like to be up-to-date with financial developments and can translate this into global processes and methodologies for CAS. You require only limited supervision and guidance in areas that involve multiple and/or senior stakeholders across ING. You have experience in execution of financial control, drafting MTP in an international setting. You can prepare high quality reports.
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will become part of a team that is mainly focussed on supporting the CAS Global Leadership Team across ING and you will analyse and understand the key developments in the (financial) data submissions from locations and the (Group) Finance departments. The objective is to monitor cost developments, supporting the global MTP process for CAS on global level, initiate corrective actions etc. As people cost is the main driver of the organization's costs, you will also be the person responsible for HR related matters.
The main tasks are:
- Be the first point of contact for locations and other data delivery parties, and in that role ensure that the CAS financial reporting process works efficiently.
- Monitoring and the accounting and reporting impact of large transactions within or cross-business units such as intercompany transfers, STA's and LTA's as well as co-sourcing activities and FTE developments.
- Perform an analytical review to understand developments in the reports, based on your knowledge of the local business, and check consistency between reports; Initiating corrective actions were needed.
- Reviewing and challenge all submissions from the locations. Maintain a solid control framework towards the entities to ensure conformance with approved budgets.
- Interaction with Group and local Finance to ensure compliance with global and local instructions.
- Maintain a global HR database containing all relevant information pertaining the auditors located worldwide.
- Provide accurate and timely people related management information to various stakeholders.
Knowledge & Experience
- You have several years working experience within the banking sector, preferably in the area of MA
- You are familiar working in an international environment;
- You hold at least a Bachelor degree, preferable in the areas of accountancy, business administration or finance and control
- You are Fluent in English, both written and verbal;
- You will bring a global perspective and cultural sensitivity;
Behaviours & Competences
- Relationship building is key for success in this role.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to ING locations to liaise with local audit / finance teams;
- Superb analytical skills, with the ability to understand the "big picture" while having an eye for detail; and
- Good communication and persuasion skills and be able to present complex issues in a simple and understandable way to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Challenging and international work environment
- (International) opportunities for growth and development
- Open and dynamic environment
- Different options to establish a good work & life balance
- Opportunities to define the role in line with business expectations
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carriere